A Lipsey's 44 Special for Everyone! 8/24/09 All Gone!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
Already got email from the store manager about the all the remaining Lipsey's 44 Specials being sold or spoken for ... He says:

I'll just have to fix that in the morning.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Just hit me guys..... I bet the internet sales guy is not aware the John has the 16 guns stacked up behind him at the sales counter....

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
What are the sizes? 4-3/4", 5.5", 7.5" ?

I'm soooo tempted by this. The small grip and lack of options for turning into a Bisley are keeping me away, or at least making the decision tougher. I had a .45 Colt SAA clone and didn't care for it. But I love my .45 Colt Bisley Blackhawk. I'm wondering why I think a .44 special Blackhawk would be any better, or even different for that matter...

-- Sam

gak

Buckeye
Keep in mind that a good part of the Lipseys/50th/NV small grip is the extreme thin-ness and profile of the grip panels themselves. Aftermarket grips can fix that or at least moderate the overall effect. Also, consider that the new NV Bisley gripframe should be able (to be made) to fit--I would think.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
gak":wcapbf1d said:
Keep in mind that a good part of the Lipseys/50th/NV small grip is the extreme thin-ness and profile of the grip panels themselves. Aftermarket grips can fix that or at least moderate the overall effect. Also, consider that the new NV Bisley gripframe should be able (to be made) to fit--I would think.
"NV" == "New Vaquero"?

Now you've got me confused. The Lipsey's gun is built on the 50th Anniv. midsize (".357") Blackhawk frame, isn't it? Are they available in the 5.5" length?

-- Sam

gak

Buckeye
The Lipseys is built on the 50th .357 which is the same frame as the New Vaquero except for the latter's smoothed (cowboy'd) top strap to accomodate the NV's fixed rear sight. Same (exact) grip grames across all three guns). Yes, 5.5 available on the Lipseys, just like it is on the NV. Other than the top strap and sights--front and rear--they are the same gun.(Alas, no .44 for the NV--yet!)

gak

Buckeye
Sam, I say "go for it!" I'm a fixed sight fan, so am waiting (without held breath) for Ruger to do the right thing and bring out a production NV (or at least another Lipseys or Davidsons special..but preferably regular run). I wish the same (and may have to succomb myself) for FT/BH lovers.

Axehandle

Buckeye
4 5/8 and 5.5 in the Lipseys 44s.... If a man was wanting a 44 Special bisley it will be as simple a fitting a Bisley grip frame to the gun... Just like the New Model Single Six, Blackhawk Super Blackhawk, and Bilsey all interchange... The mid frame NM will swap with all the others... The ones that won't swap are the true old model Rugers but they will swap between all old models... Clear? :D

Hammer

Single-Sixer
Axehandle,

Are you sure that all the grip frames interchange ?

Not a question of should they interchange, but will they ?

A few years back got hold of several Ruger Bisley grip frames, hammers, triggers, etc. Had several New Model Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks. Gave them to my gunsmith to interchange.

Some fit easily. Some fit with a little more difficulty. And some did not fit at all.

Hammer

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Got mine today-absolutely beautiful pieces and these will be shooters not safe queens-that .44 Spcl is a very pleasant round to shoot with if it is reloaded with the right combination of bullet and powder-and I found a great target load that seems to do well in all of my revolvers

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
You might want to modify that bit about "15 remain". ;)

I just ordered a 5.5". I think John said there were 5 of those left before I got mine.

John Hering is a great guy to deal with. He put my name on one over the weekend and accepted payment today. No extra charge for CC.

What pushed me over the line was I went out and shot some .44 special loads out of my Super BH this past weekend. Talk about soft shooting and accurate. I think I've found a new love. And it's not that much more expensive than shooting .38 special, as long as you load your own.

Get 'em while they're hot!

-- Sam

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
While @ the range to day, I ordered a 5.5" about 10:30 Pacific time. :D

The person answering stated that there were several left in both barrel lengths. Quick easy -- just gave my MasterCard number, my credit card billing address/ home address & tel #, & e-mail.

Took only a few minutes: after giving the clerk the information, he pulled one from the shelf & sent it to shipping. Went quicker than I thought. . He said it should go out tomorrow or Weds @ the latest. I hope it is tomorrow as next day air up here means 2 days & my local FFL is closed on Saturdays. On the way home, I had the receiving dealer FAx his FFL.

From the web site, Larry's appears to be a good-sized facility --
www.larryswholesalegun.com/

peyton

Single-Sixer
You have pushed me over the EDGE!! I got enough cash for one, what barrel length is the best??? I was thinking the 5.5, I have a single six in 6.5 and I do not like it much length wise.