New .357 cast bullet mold

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
I broke in a new Mihec .357 mold today that I found on ebay a while back. Double cavity bronze mold, and the machine work on this is outstanding. It has 4 sets of pins you can use to cast a solid bullet or any of three different hollow point styles. Took about 50 cycles to get it good and hot and broken in. I didn't do anything to it other than smoking the cavities with a couple of large wooden kitchen matches. Got enough good bullets to load a trial box of ammo tomorrow. Pictured is the largest cavity hollow point. The profile is identical to the old Elmer Keith designed #357429, a long-time favorite of mine in my Blackhawk .357s and S&W pre-27. This large HP version weighed out at 155 as cast. I haven't tried the solid version yet but assume it will throw in the neighborhood of Keith's 173 grain original.
20240116_200216.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Good looking bullets!

I have several of the MP brass molds. Love them!
Can't go wrong with Miha's work. And yes,, the ease of making solids, HP's, Penta's etc are a caster's joy!

Reactions: JCK
I broke in a new Mihec .357 mold today that I found on ebay a while back. Double cavity bronze mold, and the machine work on this is outstanding. It has 4 sets of pins you can use to cast a solid bullet or any of three different hollow point styles. Took about 50 cycles to get it good and hot and broken in. I didn't do anything to it other than smoking the cavities with a couple of large wooden kitchen matches. Got enough good bullets to load a trial box of ammo tomorrow. Pictured is the largest cavity hollow point. The profile is identical to the old Elmer Keith designed #357429, a long-time favorite of mine in my Blackhawk .357s and S&W pre-27. This large HP version weighed out at 155 as cast. I haven't tried the solid version yet but assume it will throw in the neighborhood of Keith's 173 grain original.
View attachment 37808
Pretty

Latest posts