35 Rimington - First time

Help Support Ruger Forum:

horseshoe

Single-Sixer
I shoot a Model Seven KS im 35 Rem and it is a joy to carry and shoot. I don't jack it up but it is possible to easily get 200 fps over the 2000 fps factory loads with the 200 grain loads. If you want to find out just about all you ever wanted to know about the 35 Rem then go to Marlinowners.com.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
I have an older sears model 45 (marlin 336) I found in a local classified the guy wanted 300 for it I ended up leaving with it for 175 . .after I brought it home field stripped it ,cleaned the quarter inch thick sludge out of it its a great little rifle and if the serial numbers and prefixes are the same as a regular marlin then ive traced it back to a 1964 mfg date .I started out with a couple boxes of Remington factory ammo till I got the dies for it .later on a ran across a guy selling 35 brass on same classified sight I snagged a shoebox almost full for 50$.ive been casting a .358 195 gr round nose bullet from a lyman mold and loading it over herco for plinking rounds its a fun shooter and a great caliber

G2

Hunter
My 35 Remington UMC.
I have been helping a friend downsize his gun collection due to health reasons, he pulled this thing out and I could not get over the deep blue and condition. Neat gun, I admired, and left it, a few days later I picked up a extra safe he was getting rid of, when I got home, opened it up and the Remington was inside. :shock: Called friend told him he left the Remington inside the safe, he said, "yes I did" :wink: :wink: .

It's going to be my deer gun this year, hope to make it a true Gamemaster.
image.jpg7.jpg

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg
i
image.jpg4.jpg

image.jpg5.jpg

image.jpg6.jpg

toysoldier

Hunter
GRAMPS 51 said:
Buckeye Bill The 7x57 has been around since the late 1800s a lot of those early guns had weak actions so they only load them to be safe in the weakest gun

Gramps

That includes some very old, well-used Remington Rolling Block rifles. :shock:

rugerjunkie said:
Another thing with the 35 Rem is the factory ammo is loaded a lot lower than what the Marlin actions can handle. Loaded up a tad and it is indeed a good thumper! Dont forget Hornady makes a good 200 grain round nose in 35 cal too. Ive also had good results with a 200 grain (204gr actual) cast gas checked round nose. And tbe cast is waayyy cheaper bullet to shoot.

That was my point. The 35 Rem like the 7X57 Mauser were chambered for actions at the time that could not handle the hotter loads that came later. Much of the older ammunition that I find at shows is loaded down to lower pressure levels. I load my 7X57 rounds hotter than the old factory loads. I can do the same for my 35 Rem.

Bill

tomno.1

Bearcat
ruger66 said:
Educate me. I didn't think you should use pointed bullets in a tubular magazine.

The spirals in the Remington 141's tubular magazine were designed to offset the cartridge just enough to prevent a bullet tip from contacting the primer of the cartridge in front of it.

I am not a 35 Rem virgin by any means. I don't pay much attention to different bullets. I have always used 200 grain rn Remington in my 35. This is my day in the cedar swamp gun. A 336 Marlin Marauder in 35. I set it up just as I wanted it with a Williams Foolproof and an old white line pad and sling. Its an old friend!
marauder.jpg

dfletcher

Blackhawk
pete44ru said:

My current .35 Remington is really a Remington - a Model 141 pump-action with a Redfield peep sight.

Same here. In addition to the Redfield peep it wears an old Williams side mount and a Great Western scope. I like that the rifle is on the longish side, since I am too. My 1st 35 Remington was a 14" Contender pistol about 40 years back. Quite a "pop" behind that pistol.

Arky

Single-Sixer
ruger66 said:
I am not a 35 Rem virgin by any means. I don't pay much attention to different bullets. I have always used 200 grain rn Remington in my 35. This is my day in the cedar swamp gun. A 336 Marlin Marauder in 35. I set it up just as I wanted it with a Williams Foolproof and an old white line pad and sling. Its an old friend!
marauder.jpg

Wow! that is nice. It is a gun I dream about.