.327 Federal GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
WoW, I must've missed this! Gratned it's pre-coffee, but I don't recall the GP100 in this chambering. :confused:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
BlkHawk73 said:
WoW, I must've missed this! Gratned it's pre-coffee, but I don't recall the GP100 in this chambering. :confused:

7 shots of 327 magnum. :D :D
http://ruger.com/products/gp100/models.html

I don't believe there was a recall but many owners have had ejection and split case problems. I believe this is more of an ammo issue although some problems might be because of the chambers.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46447

ThundarStick

Bearcat
I have shot at least 1500 rounds of both factory and my reloads through my 327 Fed. GP100 with out a hitch! I also cary this gun every day!

louiethelump

Buckeye
I have had no problems with mine and have not even HEARD of a problem with the GP100, much less a recall.

Are you SURE you are not thinking of the SP101? There were some chamber problems on the early SP101 and they were fixed by Ruger. I have 3 of the SP101 in 327 and have no problem with any of them.

41manor44

Single-Sixer
My GP in 327 is running like a top. I have one also in an SP and at first had some factory ammo problems. I determined that the primers were seated to deep or my firing pen was to short. All my hand loads are seated below flush and the SP had no trouble with them so figured it was the factory stuff.

RoverSig

Bearcat
I took my new GP100 to the range tonight to shoot 50 rounds of American Eagle .327 100 grain JSP and 50 rounds of handloaded .327 (100 grain Hornday XTP over 5.5 grains AA#5, CCI primers, Federal brass).

This is an excellent handgun in .327 Fed Mag! The fairly hot American Eagle factory rounds had a lot of blast and noise but the 40 oz. GP100 made the recoil reasonable. My handloads, designed to be mild, were like shooting .22's.

I recently added the HiViz front sight, which was easy to see in the indoor range.

As a final bonus, the revolver is pretty clean after 100 rounds. All charge holes are clear and fully useable after 100 rounds of ammo (I think the .327 Fed Mag is a little prone to having problems with build up inside charge holes, making it hard to insert rounds or extract brass, based on its narrow/long dimensions).

Bottom line = great experience. In response to the OP, I don't know of any problems with them and hope you can find one soon.

Latest posts