200th Year Service Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It seems like I only have one, and it's a 4" SS Security Six 4" and interestingly enough has a Freemason logo on it, professionally done (which I am not) but it's the only one I've ever seen like that. Anyone else seen something like that?

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I never really chased the Liberty models to collect them all, but instead went after the ones I considered rare/scarce/unusual (or whatever I stumbled onto ;) ).

For Service Sixes, I have the "GH-34" with the Machined heavy barrel (MB) that I posted in another thread discussing those few guns with the early heavy barrels and the weird muzzle crown on the blue (non-Liberty) version. The unusual "GH" catalog number designation ended up not being used long, instead reverting to the GF nomenclature with the H as a modifier after the caliber/barrel codes.
GH34-152-02022-01.JPG

GH34-152-02022-03.JPG

Also for Service Sixes, I have a GF-84 which is the same gun but in .38 Spl and with the standard barrel and normal catalog number.

Other Liberty "-Six" revolvers I have are:

RDA-82 (blue .38 Spl 2.75" Security Six, noted as the only one known)
GA-84 (stainless .38 Spl 4" Security Six factory second "S" gun, noted as the only one known)
GA-34 (stainless .357 Mag 4" Security Six)
GA-36 (stainless .357 Mag 6" Security Six)
SS-82 (blue .38 Spl 2.75" Speed Six)
GS-84 (stainless .38 Spl 4" Speed Six, noted as rare)
GS-34 (stainless .357 Mag 4" Speed Six)
SS-34 (blue .357 Mag 4" Speed Six)

I was doing some research and while perusing some old RCA Journals, I ran across a great article on the "Liberty" models of the Six series DAs. I wrote to the RCA and was given permission to reprint the article to send to people as long as I credit it to the RCA with the journal volume, number, and date. I have copied the article and I will be scanning it as soon as possible and can then email it to people who might want it. Turns out some of mine are pretty rare also.

Latest posts