10/22 Takedown Barrel Damage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

schutzruger

Bearcat
Here is the email response from Ruger. I emailed them for a request of serial number ranges of affected rifles.
Included was a link from this thread and from another Ruger forum explaining the same problems.

This is Ruger's response:

Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.

This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 12/04/2012
Request No: 165094

Comment / question:

Customer service, currently I am in waiting period to pick up a new Ruger TakeDown rifle. I have read that there has been a 'batch' of poor quality controlled barrels with regard to the tempering process resulting in barrel back end deformation due to heat which also causes difficulty in detaching barrel from receiver. Before I pick up(until 12-29-12)I need the serial number range of the affected units. rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/53287-10-22-takedown-barrel-disconnect-issue.html THX.

Response:
Peening on the end of the barrel is a very rare occurrence, and there is no way to create or avoid peening. If it is seen, please contact Ruger CS to arrange for a return and a prompt repair of your rifle. If it doesn't, and it's most likely it won't, enjoy it and don't worry about it.

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

Please note: This e-mail is sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Ruger Firearms

Latest posts