10/22 Show & Tell

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Down the Rabbit Hole! It started life as a Ruger 10/22. Many hundreds of dollars later it became a Kidd/Fedderson, Titan "10/22 style" rifle. Fedderson 16" bull, Victor Titan stock with Victor tang for Kidd receiver, Kidd receiver, Kidd bolt, Kidd two stage trigger, all internal Kidd parts and Gumsmither V barrel block. Not a Ruger screw, pin or spring left. Sightron II 36 X 42 scope. Trigger is set for 6oz/6oz. Obviously for bench only.

Attachments

• Kidd 1.jpg
    Kidd 1.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Kidd 2.jpg
    Kidd 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 42

bear007

Bearcat
Down the Rabbit Hole! It started life as a Ruger 10/22. Many hundreds of dollars later it became a Kidd/Fedderson, Titan "10/22 style" rifle. Fedderson 16" bull, Victor Titan stock with Victor tang for Kidd receiver, Kidd receiver, Kidd bolt, Kidd two stage trigger, all internal Kidd parts and Gumsmither V barrel block. Not a Ruger screw, pin or spring left. Sightron II 36 X 42 scope. Trigger is set for 6oz/6oz. Obviously for bench only.
Now you can put the original rifle back together I guess???

Now you can put the original rifle back together I guess???
Nope I sold the parts on RFC. It happened over time. I recovered about half of my initial 10/22 purchase. It would have been cheaper not to buy the factory 10/22, or at least sold the entire 10/22 as a unit. But it was sort of a piecemeal "process". OCD is a terrible burden :-(

bear007

Bearcat
Here is another project, I tried my hand at carving a factory beech wood stock, I carved out what I wanted, then filled the voids with glow in the dark paint, the stained the stock green, added a few accoutrements and made a 10/22 Zombie Hunter. I have since re-used the parts on other projects.View attachment 39617View attachment 39616
Can't hide from the zombies in the dark with a glowing gun! Jeezzzz ... 🤣🤣🤣

Here is another one, probably the one I am most proud of.

I bought a walnut international stock from S&P outfitters, then took one of my Kingston Armory steel receivers and gave it and a new take-off barrel a 5000 grit blued finish.
I then bought a Pike Arms black aluminum anodized trigger housing and performed my usual trigger work. The bolt is factory, cleaned, deburred and gave it a high polish. The charging handle is stock. Almost forgot, I also made my own take down screw. I bought a #12 zinc plated screw that was oversize, I reduced the diameter until it fit just right, the took off 1/2 the threads to capture it, then gave it a high polished blued finish, it sits flush with the wood, which I thick is a nice touch....View attachment 39476

View attachment 39475
View attachment 39478
View attachment 39479
View attachment 39477

View attachment 39482
That mannlicher is very nice.. Tough to tell it's a custom

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
1707683710402.png

At one time several years ago I was a regular on RFC and addicted to the 10 Bull competitions. I built this up for the open class semi. Its a mix of Clark Custom and Volquarsten goodies.

I have another 1022 I'm parting together and it should be finished FRI night or SAT morning. I will post better pics of this rifle and the one I'm parting together as a walking rifle this weekend.

Here are a few that get used. Mostly just cosmetic changes. I have an old wrist injury and the thumbhole stocks are just more comfortable for me. A few barrels changed to longer or lightweights. All have the bolt release modified and all have had the factory trigger worked over to smooth and lighten. The bottom one is my first bought and is still the first one I grab.

Different angle and better sunlight.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
love the folders! I used to have a Butler Creek folder (I still might have it in fact, I still have not completely unpacked from the move 3 yrs ago). I had issues with it, the pins would sometimes walk out of my trigger group and there was enough room between the stock and the trigger housing that the pin would slide out enough to stop the gun from working.

Here is another one, probably the one I am most proud of.

I bought a walnut international stock from S&P outfitters, then took one of my Kingston Armory steel receivers and gave it and a new take-off barrel a 5000 grit blued finish.
I then bought a Pike Arms black aluminum anodized trigger housing and performed my usual trigger work. The bolt is factory, cleaned, deburred and gave it a high polish. The charging handle is stock. Almost forgot, I also made my own take down screw. I bought a #12 zinc plated screw that was oversize, I reduced the diameter until it fit just right, the took off 1/2 the threads to capture it, then gave it a high polished blued finish, it sits flush with the wood, which I thick is a nice touch....View attachment 39476

View attachment 39475
View attachment 39478
View attachment 39479
View attachment 39477

View attachment 39482
I wish Ruger would have made a high gloss like this would have looked sweet in their new 75th anniversary blonde stock I think. Great job it looks amazing. I might have to polish one up like this it would look good with and old gloss Leupold on it

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
I wish Ruger would have made a high gloss like this would have looked sweet in their new 75th anniversary blonde stock I think. Great job it looks amazing. I might have to polish one up like this it would look good with and old gloss Leupold on it
I agree, Ruger should have made a special steel receiver for their 50th anniversary and had it color case hardened or perhaps a brass one? I don't feel like the product line manager of the 10/22 gave it much thought.

hike

Bearcat
I hinted to my son that I wanted one of his 10/22s that I built for him years ago. He doesn't shoot them. Well, no deal so when I told an old friend he gave me one of his. I had given him the Hogue Overmolded stock and he said I did the Clark barrel as well.

I did a trigger job, reducing it from 6.5 pounds down to just under 2 using a Powers Custom Trigger Kit. Had a Kidd but it wouldn't fit in the aluminum chassis.

Another friend offered me a TacSol Barrel and Goliath Stock so I could lighten it up for Steel Challenge. I added a C-More Railway RedDot that I had sitting around. My total cost was just for the trigger assembly, $ 135.

Out of curiosity, why didn't just ask your son for the 10/22 that he doesn't shoot?
Then you bad-mouthed your son to a friend? And then on a public forum?
Seems rather passive-agressive/manipulation.

Here is another Sporter, this one a walnut Deluxe Sporter, same 5000 grit polish on the steel Kingston Armory receiver and factory barrel, I also used a Pike Arms anodized aluminum trigger housing.

View attachment 39631
IMHO this version of the 10/22 DSP and the Browning SA-22 are the best looking .22 rifles ever. I do prefer the original version of the stock with the plastic butt plate.

Latest posts