FS: Reflex Sight Mount For Ruger Revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ph_redhawk

Bearcat
Up for sale are reflex sight mounts for installing sights on Ruger SP101, GP100, Redhawk (Super Redhawk by request and made to order), new model Blackhawk and new model Super Blackhawk revolvers (new model flat-top model available on request and made to order).
We offer a model for the Burris FastFire (and several footprint compatibles, see below) and a model for the Trijicon RMR.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE MOUNTS ARE FOR REVOLVERS WITH AN ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHT.

Mounts now available for Leupold DeltaPoint Pro.

The Trijicon RMR mount includes a screw for securing the mount to the revolver as well as two screws for attaching the sight to the mount.

Trijicon mount price is $38 for each mount plus $3.00 shipping to any US location. I accept paypal or a Bank/USPS money order. Paypal payment will cost an additional $1.50 to cover their fees (please do NOT use the paypal "friends and family" option). So total Trijicon mount costs are:

$41.00 if paid with money order
$42.50 if paid by paypal

The newly designed Trijicon RMR mount is pictured below. The underbelly of the Trijicon mount is like that of the FastFire mount pictured after Trijicon. All following pictures are of the FastFire model.
Trijicon mount and screws:
Rug_trijicon_front_angle.JPG

FastFire and compatible sight particulars:

The FastFire model mount mates with following reflex sights:
• Burris FastFire (models 2 or 3)
• Vortex Venom
• Docter III
• Eotech Mini
• Vector Optics Sphinx
The Docter, Eotech and Vector sights come with metric screws to attach the sight to a mount. Our mount requires 6-48 sight mounting screws. We can supply two 6-48 screws for an additional $1.50.

Buyers please respond with "I'll take it" posted in the ad thread followed by a PM.

PM me with any questions.

We are located in California.

Price is $35 for each mount plus $3.00 shipping to any US location. I accept paypal or Bank/USPS money order. Paypal payment will cost an additional $1.50 to cover their fees (please do NOT use the paypal "friends and family" option). So total costs are:

$38.00 if paid with money order
$39.50 if paid by paypal

Mount features include:
• Mount provides very low profile installation getting the sight as close as possible to the bore of the revolver. This puts the sight MUCH lower than using a Picatinny rail and the Picatinny mount. This mount puts the sight base only 0.140" above the revolver top strap. We believe this is the lowest profile mount available.
• Mount is machined from 6061 aluminum on a CNC machine and then glass bead blasted for a smooth satin finish.
• Raised machined-in nibs on top of mount precisely mate to bottom holes of the sight. This provides precision reattachment of the sight should it need to be removed and replaced -- as is the case for battery replacement on the FastFire 2 model.
• Rear contour of mount matches rear contour of the sight.
• Island on bottom of mount mates with the revolver's iron sight channel to provide precise mount alignment.

The mount package includes:

* The mount itself.
* 6-48 fillister head screw for securing the mount to the revolver.

PLEASE NOTE -- The iron sight must be removed prior to the installation of this mount. The iron sight removal requires a 1/16" punch to drive out the small pin upon which the iron sight rotates for elevation adjustment and a screw driver fitting the iron sight adjustment screw. If you lack these tools and the ability to properly use them please seek the help of another for the iron sight removal and new mount installation.

Some of the pictures below are shown with a sight mounted on a revolver. ONLY THE SIGHT MOUNT is for sale. The sight and revolver are not included in this sale.

The first picture shows what is included in the package. This is exactly what is for sale. Note that the forward hole is used only during the manufacturing process to attach the mount to a machining fixture.
top_rear.JPG

Neither the sight nor the revolver are for sale, ONLY THE MOUNT IS FOR SALE
on_gun_side.JPG

sight_on_front.JPG

Note how precisely the mount's rear curve matches the sight curve. This makes for a very smooth, snag-free installation.

sight_on_rear.JPG

The base underbelly has a lug that fits into the slot vacated by the iron sight, see photo below. That lug's purpose is primarily for base alignment.
bottom_rear.JPG

444thumper

Single-Sixer
Could you clarify the mount attachment a little more? The sight mounting screw is obviously used but what about the front hole in the base. Is there any other attachment other than the one screw? Does it just rely on the sight screw and the "recoil lug" if you want to call the back overhang something? Thanks.

ph_redhawk

Bearcat
444thumper said:
Could you clarify the mount attachment a little more? The sight mounting screw is obviously used but what about the front hole in the base. Is there any other attachment other than the one screw? Does it just rely on the sight screw and the "recoil lug" if you want to call the back overhang something? Thanks.

Thanks for asking:
The iron sight screw hole is the primary attachment. Do not underestimate the shear strength of that screw. The hole on the front of the base is used only during production for attachment to a machining fixture.

The base underbelly has a lug that fits into the slot vacated by the iron sight, see photo below. That lug's purpose is primarily for base alignment.

This is a new product for us but it is currently in use on two 44 mag redhawks, two GP100s and three SP101 357 mags with no issues.

bottom_rear.JPG

444thumper

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the info. I haven't decided if I am going to use one of those sights but your mount appears very well done and I will definitely keep it in mind if I go that direction.

444thumper

Single-Sixer
I'm not home at the moment where I could compare the guns side by side but in regards to the question of the compatability with single action Rutgers, here is a link to shopruger.

http://shopruger.com/GP100-Redhawk-Super-Redhawk-Super-Blackhawk-Hunter-Sight-Set/productinfo/12932/

I notice that the rear sight fits the Blackhawk Hunter. The only reason, I think, that the regular Blackhawk isn't listed is these are sight sets with the replaceable front sight that only the Hunter has. What do you think? Have you had a chance to try one on a blackhawk new model yet?

ph_redhawk

Bearcat
444thumper said:
I'm not home at the moment where I could compare the guns side by side but in regards to the question of the compatability with single action Rutgers, here is a link to shopruger.

http://shopruger.com/GP100-Redhawk-Super-Redhawk-Super-Blackhawk-Hunter-Sight-Set/productinfo/12932/

I notice that the rear sight fits the Blackhawk Hunter. The only reason, I think, that the regular Blackhawk isn't listed is these are sight sets with the replaceable front sight that only the Hunter has. What do you think? Have you had a chance to try one on a blackhawk new model yet?

EDIT: mount fits on new model Blackhawk but not the old model.

I have not found a new model Blackhawk to try the mount fit.

You may be correct about rear sight compatibility. As near as I can tell from the Ruger website images they are the same. How about I send you a mount. If it fits and you like it then pay for it, if not then send it back.

dtrayers

Bearcat
I purchased one for my GP100 Match Champion. It was shipped the day after I made payment and arrived by first class mail a couple of days later. I was given a tracking number, which was nice. Phillip (ph_redhawk) was great to do business with.

I'm very pleased and I posted some photos here:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=246461

22/45 Fan

Hunter
If you could make a similar mount in a Weaver or Picatinny format it would fit a lot more red dots, etc. The only other mount i know of for the GP is Weigand's and it replaces both the front and rear sights.

ph_redhawk

Bearcat
22/45 Fan said:
If you could make a similar mount in a Weaver or Picatinny format it would fit a lot more red dots, etc. The only other mount i know of for the GP is Weigand's and it replaces both the front and rear sights.

Thanks for the thought. I had not considered that. I will look into it.

To keep sights mounted low I would prefer to expand the sight model offerings for other sight's direct footprints without the sight rail mount. A sight with the Picatinny base installed mounted atop a rail on the revolver gets the sight very high. The only thing holding back that effort is availability of other sights or drawings to make the required design modifications. My budget does not permit buying sights just to glean the footprint dimensions.

I have learned that the expensive Docter III sight fits our mount as well as some inexpensive clones available on Amazon. One cheap clone is "Vector Optics Sphinx High Quality Mini Green Dot Sight". I have two of them and they work well with one exception -- the negative battery contact leaves a little to be desired. I had to slightly bend it to cure it from temporarily loosing contact and resetting the sight power upon firing the revolver. I also but a couple of layers of scotch tape on the battery bottom to press the battery more firmly into the case. Somewhat redneck but after that the sights have been working well and hold zero. At $54 vs. a couple to several hundred $ if one is willing to monkey with the battery connection then it may be a good path for budget minded folks such as myself. The sight does come with mounting screws but they are metric and our mount requires 6-48 screws. I have a supply of appropriate screws.

I have also learned that the new model Blackhawk has the exact same rear sight channel as the DA revolvers. That makes sense on Rugers part. So our mount will fit the new model Blackhawk.

Latest posts