Ruger Std, & MK1 22 pistol wooden grips question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EVILDOCTOR235

Single-Sixer
I have a lot of NOS grips for Ruger Std. & MK1 22 auto pistols. They are wood with Ruger black eagle logos in them.I bought them off the GUN PARTS CORP.website a few years ago. They have the Ruger logo on the left grip panels only and no thumb rest. Did any body else buy these also ? Are they factory grips ? I read somewhere that they were made by SILE ? They are all in new condition. I am sorry,but i can not do pictures at this time.

EvilDr235

m657

Buckeye
I got a set from a forum member about a year ago, that I believe is OEM Ruger factory.

No thumb rest, and black bird logo. IIRC there is one of each side, now I'll have to check.

I know nothing about SILE.

yes, those grips were indeed over runs, for Ruger, and from Sile , and yes at the time they were pretty cheap, we bought many of them ,just to get the medallions out and replaced them with newer ,silver eagles...yessir, took two pairs to get ONE set of black eagles !! wish now we had bought, more,as we used them all up.....they were the early A-54 sized frames, the left panel , the bottom grip hole was lower to the bottom, than the right panel, this is the easiest way to tell the A-54 and A-100 apart from each other, as this hole location was reversed for the A-100 frame, RIGHT grip panel had the lower hole................