75th Anniversary .22 pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Couldn't stand it any longer. Had to write to my best contact at Ruger (auction Annie) to let her know that the higher ups at the factory should not call the new 75th Anniversary pistol a "STANDARD" model, and that the configuration it is in is actually just an updated variant of the "TARGET" model first introduced in 1951.
Of course, Ruger can call the pistol whatever they want... but considering that 90% of the public doesn't know the difference between an original "standard" model and a Mark I "Target" model, hopefully Ruger will start referring to the 75th Anniversary gun as a "Target" model, at least to eliminate a huge amount confusion in the future.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Just noticed today that they also flubbed on the MSRP.
The Mark IV with standard sights is $569. The 70th Anniversary gun is $599. The blue Mark IV with 5-1/2" barrel and Target sights is $679.
Makes me wonder if Ruger didn't start off with a true "STANDARD" model concept gun for a 75th Anniversary pistol, then the model changed but they continued to call it a Standard.
Chet15

I'll take it, lol..

Can't tell by the pics, but that bbl on the 75th looks a little thin to me compared to the original MK I ?
I agree, I am wondering if they are using the standard model barrel profile and just making it longer? I sure hope not!

I love the tapered barrel target models, I sure hope that they duplicated the barrel profile from the original Mk 1 and II target models and not the standard models and we are just seeing an optional illusion!!

chet15

Hawkeye
Well, they got the pistol moved over to the Target section.
Now... if anybody wants one, better put your order in soon because the MSRP for the 75th gun (with stainless bolt and special rollmarks) is currently shown $80 cheaper than a blue 5-1/2" bull barrel Target in the Mark IV (they originally priced it at a slight premium over the Standard model MSRP of $569)
Chet15

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I like this one !!
i
1704817155145.png

My question is: what chamber will these 75th anniversary models have? My MK II target has a tighter chamber than my other Marks. I discovered this with some Super X 22lr purchased during the panic of '13. They would not chamber in the MK II target even with extra force on the bolt. They do chamber in 10/22 and other Marks that I have. One way to find out if I ever see one for sale!

Jerry

Latest posts