Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter .45 LC SS 7.5 inch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Finnfur

Bearcat
G2
Thats some pretty revolvers there.
Only bought one but wish there was three at that price.

Just back from the farm range . Only two off the paper @ 50'.
Not to bad for old double cataract surgery eyes LOl
She was shooting a little high so need to make adjustment.
If I go any further out I will need scope.
scq13p.jpg

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Finfur, welcome, and I'm kinda green right now.

bisleyfan41, I bet it will still be on there in six months for that price. I'll bet he posted it to make someone else happy, "really, I can't understand why nobody wants it, it's really rare...".

Snyd

Single-Sixer
The last one I saw on GB went for 850 I think it was. Nice looking leather for non-scoped mode. For scoped mode leather I went with a Wyoming Combo from Von Ringler. Nice setup, custom made for my revlover/scope combo and only a little over 200 bucks. Fits like a glove.

wy_01.jpg

wy_02.jpg

wy_03.jpg

Finnfur

Bearcat
Snyd
Pretty holsters there.
Going to scope mine soon [ as I get $$ ]
What ya call that type scope holster . Is that bandoleers type.
I know nothing about holsters . I want the kind that goes under you left arm if you are right handed ?

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Finnfur":201vem4d said:
Snyd
Pretty holsters there.
Going to scope mine soon [ as I get $$ ]
What ya call that type scope holster . Is that bandoleers type.
I know nothing about holsters . I want the kind that goes under you left arm if you are right handed ?

Yes, you can wear it bandealero stye, or cross draw or strong side.

It's called a Wyoming Combination Holster made by Von Ringler.

http://www.ringlercustomleather.com/lea ... ality.html

Here's a link to a long post/writeup I did with a bunch more pics.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/sho ... ming+combo

BigJ71

Single-Sixer
I bought this Holster for my .44mag Hunter. It's made by the Hunter Holster Company and it's comfortable enough to wear all day. It's adjustable to pretty much any type scope, mounted on either the top strap or on the barrel. My SBH Hunter fits like a glove. It's well made however it's basically constructed much like the rest of the "Hunter" line of holsters.

There are other holster makers that undoubtedly make a better product (as far as quality is concerned) however for the price ($59.00 +/-) it far exceeds my expectations of a leather bandoleer style holster.

Congrats on your .45 Hunter, that caliber is on my short list of guns to buy.

Holster-1.jpg

RugerHunter1.jpg

Myman

Bearcat
After going to many online auctions many gun shops/gunshows the Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk Hunter has finaly landed. Many thanks to bisleyfan41
and the Ruger forum for helping me find the gun I have been looking to buy for a very long time! 55 million people inj the US but only 276 Ruger SBH Bisley hunter .45 LC and I now have one. I will send pictures of the many animals I take with her.

Myman

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
M'BOGO":38j0vpgu said:
bisleyfan41, I bet it will still be on there in six months for that price. I'll bet he posted it to make someone else happy, "really, I can't understand why nobody wants it, it's really rare...".

I should've bet ya!! With over 2.5 days left to go on the auction, the high bid is $950 and the reserve has been met. She will be sold on the first go around. It's all about how badly one wants something, I guess.

Myman, looks like you got a pretty good deal. :D

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
I must have been out of touch. When did Ruger make a SUPER Blackhawk, in 45 COLT, with a BISLEY grip frame??????????? I thought Super Blackhawks, were strictly 44 Mags! Please tell me I'm not loosing it.
Although I am getting pretty old. I hope it's not "old timer's disease" I just don't understand those d***ned New Models :oops:

EarlFH

Myman

Bearcat
with only 276 made if you want one you better buy it. I thought I over paid at $750 but I did not care!

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Myman":1yvmcrlz said:
with only 276 made if you want one you better buy it. I thought I over paid at $750 but I did not care!

So you are confirming that it really is "old timer's disease"? Oh God!!!

E
a
r
l
F
H
:cry: (goodby cruel world)

Myman

Bearcat
I have all three the 44 mag and the 41 are still around and are easy to get but there is something about the .45LC that is so sweet.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Earl, for some reason Ruger designated all the Hunter models as "Super" Blackhawks; 41, 44, and 45. Not sure why. They could have easily marked the 41s and 45s simply "Blackhawk" on the side of the frame, but the "Hunter" rollmark on the top of the frame would've had to have been changed.

If you want to chase something really elusive, there were a few (probably in the single digits in number) of the 41 and 45 Hunters that did indeed receive the regular "Blackhawk" rollmark on the side of the frame. Put nothing past Ruger; nor lose any sleep trying to attach reason to some of their moves.

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
bisleyfan41":19zpyexl said:
Earl, for some reason Ruger designated all the Hunter models as "Super" Blackhawks; 41, 44, and 45. Not sure why. They could have easily marked the 41s and 45s simply "Blackhawk" on the side of the frame, but the "Hunter" rollmark on the top of the frame would've had to have been changed.

If you want to chase something really elusive, there were a few (probably in the single digits in number) of the 41 and 45 Hunters that did indeed receive the regular "Blackhawk" rollmark on the side of the frame. Put nothing past Ruger; nor lose any sleep trying to attach reason to some of their moves.

Somehow I think that old Bill is spinning like a top in his grave. :cry:
Earl.