Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter .45 LC SS 7.5 inch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Myman

Bearcat
I am hunting hard for this gun and I willing to pay top dollar for it. I own it in 44 mag and want to own all three cal. Please Pm me if you have this gun and are willing to part with it

Snyd

Single-Sixer
I hope you find one. Maybe bisleyfan41 can hook you up. I sure like mine. If I happen to hear of one I'll shoot you a pm.

Myman

Bearcat
bisleyfan41 did hook me up!!!!! after over a year of looking I have found one and I did not mess around with bidding on it I went right to the Buy Now. I cant wait to get my hands on it I am so excited.

Thanks again bisleyfan41

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Myman":2ygr263n said:
bisleyfan41 did hook me up!!!!! after over a year of looking I have found one and I did not mess around with bidding on it I went right to the Buy Now. I cant wait to get my hands on it I am so excited.

Thanks again bisleyfan41

Cool, is it a Lipseys original Bisley or are you going to "Bisleyize" a plow handle gun?

G2

Hunter
Snyd":1uljc5aa said:
Cool, is it a Lipseys original Bisley or are you going to "Bisleyize" a plow handle gun?

88-28102 It's a Bisley !
acfe45f.jpg

As for a Lipseys hmmmm I'm thinking a Mfg date of maybe ~8-24-05 ?? Nope looks like March 05

If the Mfg. Date is 2008 it would be a cleanup of ~29 guns for Lipsey's.

Myman
This thread might be of interest to you.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... awk+hunter

Congratts & Welcome to hood of the .45 SBHBH. Nice guns and I think you were smart to pull the trigger when you found it. I think the price was fair and what's a few $$ when you get what you want when you want. :D

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Nice! Congrats! I see it has the spent cartridge. What's the date on the envelope? Mine is Serial # 88-262xx

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Yep, great guns. Mine is very accurate and a handy deer hunting platform with the Hornady 250 gr XTP bullet.

Mine is 88-283XX and shipped in March, 2008.

BB45C

Myman

Bearcat
Thanks for all the good feedback this is what Mr. Ruger says about the ser#

Dear Shawn Meiman ,
Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.
This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 07/14/2010
Request No: 66772
Comment / question:
can you tell me if this gun is one of the original 276 SBH bisley hunter.45LC made or if this is a conversion
Response:
The information you requested for the above serial number is as follows:
Model: KS-457NHB
Shipped: March of 2005, it was shipped as a special production model.
If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Finnfur

Bearcat
HI , New and just joining the forum.
Have been looking to mate my Marlin 1894cb 45 colt with either a
Dan Wesson or Blackhawk . Had looked at Super Blackhawk hunter on line but heard they were scarce so settled on looking for a standard New Blackhawk in 45 colt.
To the gun show this weekend and had plenty of 44 Super hunter and Reg Blackhawks 45s . The third Hunter I looked at was a 45 colt . Could not believe my old eyes and had to do double take.
Anyway it left with me.
My questions
1 What is the difference in Bisley model I just have the Hunter ?
2.I heard they may have a cylinder throat problem. Any input on that ?Thanks

G2

Hunter
P1010001-2.jpg

Differences are; Grip Frame, Trigger, Hammer.
Bisley Hunter top , , , Bisley Grip Frame, Hammer, Trigger. (~279 Made)
Hunter bottom , , , Rounded Trigger gaurd, Super Blackhawk Grip frame and Hammer, std. trigger. (~603 Made)

As for throat's, Both of these shoot like tack drivers. Some have tight throats and get them open up a little. All deprnds on what you shoot and or how it shoots.

Welcome to the forum and you need to know unless you post a picture, it really didn't happen. :D Nice guns, and congrats on finding one.

G2

Hunter
Hey wait a minute . . . You said you got one not THREE!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :D

Care to share the SN# for our list?
Looks to be in good condition. How much coin?

I actually prefer my Hunter over my Bisley Hunter but then again I do have this O'l gal.
Rug450mBmodified.jpg

That picture looks like it is a Stainless Grip Frame, but it is Brass. Here it is with her long nosed sister .32 Mag.
P1010004-16.jpg