5.5” 44 mag SBH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
I owned this gun years ago and traded it off because i had never even fired it. The guy mentioned when he got it that he wished it was a shorty and when i traded into a 4 5/8" 44, i gave him a call and we swapped, so i got it back. It is here to stay this time. He had never shot it either and had owned it for 2-3 years too! I installed a Belt Mt basepin, shot a couple cylinders and stuck it in the safe. Couple weeks ago i got this set of Ajax polymer grips and stuck em on for a test fit. They fit really good so i left them on her.

I want to change the front sight and get a tune done on it. I believe she will be a real performer then.

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
Nice, esp the grips. I've been searching high and low for a set of white target sized (large) grips for my Ruger Redhawk with absolutely no luck.

Bayou

Joe S.

Hunter
bayou5252 said:
Nice, esp the grips. I've been searching high and low for a set of white target sized (large) grips for my Ruger Redhawk with absolutely no luck.

Bayou

Seems like Eagle or Altamont used to make em.

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
Thanks, Joe.

So, far, the only white RH grips that I can find are the smaller, magna, sized ones. Those are available. But the target sized larger ones are not to be found - by me, at least...

Bayou

6GUNSONLY said:
I like that configuration of the Super - 5 1/2" barrel, fluted cylinder, and the XR3-RED size gripframe. Just right, IMO as a .44 lover.

Until I developed wrist/thumb arthritis, this too was the perfect 44 platform for me. Now I must use my 5" 629 Smith to accomplish the same mission. I have no idea why it doesn't bother me much to shoot the DA's as opposed to the Blackhawk platform and I miss the big bore SA's terribly.

This one in particular is very appealing....

Dave

pete44ru

Hunter
bayou5252 said:

Bayou

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-grips/ruger/redhawk-sq/

RRS-CP01.jpg