New Target assy for USPSA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
We just purchased a new target assy for our USPSA club. It has 6 places to put targets onto it. Three of them are "in the front," & fixed in a triangular pattern. In the picture, you see them as 3 white "no-shoot" targets. In the back is a swinging set of targets. We can place 1, 2, or 3 targets here. We have been using two of them. When activated, (usually by a shooting a steel popper with a cable attached to a brace stick,) a weighted arm drops the weight, and the back targets swing back & forth. The goal is to shoot the swinging targets, & NOT a white no-shoot.
The first picture shows it "set" & the second picture shows it at rest, with the two shoot targets plainly visible. You can imagine it swinging & moving.
I may set it up & video it later, in motion.

sixshot

Buckeye
These types of stages are a lot of fun & you see them at the bigger matches or Area shoots. I've shot some pretty crazy ones over the years. Very few are set up to be "revolver" friendly & those are the ones I loved the most, the more challenging the better.
At the Area II shoots at Rio Salado they had some world class stages that were amazing, either a revolver shooters dream or nightmare depending on your skill level. Infra red beams that activated moving, disappearing targets when you passed the red light, all kinds of crazy, fun stuff, even a full size helicopter that you shot from!

Dick

contender

Ruger Guru
Dick,, I've heard about the great stages at Rio Salado. This target assy is a new design, and the guy who built it is going to modify it a bit more & make it better based upon some of our suggestions. Still it will be a challenge to those who have issues shooting odd swingers.