new ruger model? RPRAP?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stachi

Bearcat
@huntsman22
You stated that the LSS won't work with the Hawkeye 77. I could get my Hands on a dirt Cheap M77 Mk2 VT Action though..

I'm handy with a Mill and a Lathe, could one make it fit or is it totally different?

Thank you!

Stachi

Bearcat
@huntsman22
Thanks!

So, a normal M77 Mk2 will fit the LSS, but the V/T won't, because of the different Trigger?

MDT states that the LSS will fit the M77 Scout action. As far as I know, the Gunsite Scout isn't any different on the Bottom Side than the M77 Mk2 or am I wrong?

I've got both a M77 Mk2 in .30-06 (although this is a long action) and a .223 M77 Mk2 V/T at home and could compare the two regarding the Trigger and Stuff on the Bottom of the Action...

huntsman22

Blackhawk
yes, the actions are the same, but the trigger is different enough to not fit in standard inletting. I also forgot to mention, the mags or action may need a little modification and/or milling/fitting. The plastic MDT mags are easy to fit, but I have not tried steel mags.

Stachi

Bearcat
Thanks again!

Also found your Post on the Predator Action in the LSS. Looks very doable. Now what to do.. Get the rather Heavy V/T Action and put it into an LSS or get a new Predator...

Choices make Life difficult! :-D

huntsman22

Blackhawk
Stachi, I just ordered a LSS for a Hawkeye Predator with 2-stage. They are not commercially available for a few more months, but Raul Versosi at MDT is going to make one for me. You might call and see if he will do one for you, too.....

huntsman22

Blackhawk
The LSS for the Hawkeye Predator showed up... hadta modify the mags.

IMG_0924_zpseobvrowz.jpg

IMG_0922_zpsbtrtfmhh.jpg

uscbigdawg

Bearcat
huntsman22 said:
Here is a rpr bolt in a American stock. The pic will give you an idea of the bolt shroud protrusion....

IMG_6996_zpsbbcgxowl.jpg

IMG_6987_zps0tc7snxj.jpg

Hey bud. I'm sending you a PM. If you have a chance, please respond.

Rich

Latest posts