Looks like the 2015 No.1S in 30/06 Shipping

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
El Numero Uno said:
Just heard from my Lipsey's Rep that the 24" barrel 30/06 in the 1S is in; should have one by Monday. Will be interesting to see how the wood goes on this one.

Another 1A 7mm-08 showed up on gunbroker. Wood is nothing spectacular and about on par with mine and heiliman's. Looks like now the upgraded wood is what the old average used to look like.

picketpin

Buckeye
I've now seen several 7-08s and the 30-06 on the net. If this is their new, better, highly figured wood that we waited for, I for one am disappointed. I own quite A FEW AND WITH VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS ALL Have better wood.

Now comes the interesting part. Will they sell me an Alex Henry forearm now that they are or have made them for the "new" run. Any bets?

RWT

picketpin said:
I've now seen several 7-08s and the 30-06 on the net. If this is their new, better, highly figured wood that we waited for, I for one am disappointed. I own quite A FEW AND WITH VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS ALL Have better wood.

Now comes the interesting part. Will they sell me an Alex Henry forearm now that they are or have made them for the "new" run. Any bets?

RWT

Well, my new 7mm-08 is on it's way back to Ruger for refitting the wood. Really poor fit. So if they have any fore ends, one will be for my rifle. 8)

Dave

picketpin

Buckeye
Yes, but the 7.62x39s are nt part of the long awaited Lipsey short runs/special runs under their sole distributor deal. I wouldn't expect the 7.62-39s to have anything other than the same blah wood we've seen for the last couple of years.

The Delay for 8 months on the Lipsey guns, 7-08 "A", 28" 257 WBY "B", 24" 30-06 "S", 223 "V" fast twist and 375 "H" was supposedly so Ruger could get BETTER wood to stock these with. Just saying, if this is indicative of the BETTER wood we have been waiting for, it isn't all that special.

2nd vote. I have never seen a factory #1 without the dowels in the rib, regardless of chambering.. NOW I have assembled wildcats without but even them I make the 4 screws a larger size and cut off the dowel fit a cut off dowel to at least make it look "right".

Frankly I think the two bidders are reaching or damned close to what a correct, unmolested 222 non prefix "B" might sell for. In the big picture of non prefixes 222 "B" just aren't all THAT rare. Heck I even have one.

Heck we don't even know what this left the factory as.

Ross

gopher1

Bearcat
Local shops got five #1A's in 7.63x39 Friday. Pretty plain wood but they were meant to be. It was a "clean-up" run of 305 units.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
There is a new listing for a 30-06 on Gunbroker, and the wood doesn't look that bad. Best I've seen on a new production in a couple years anyway. Maybe there is hope?