For Those Of You Who Have Trouble

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
With the disassembly of the MkIII, 22/45 MkIII, this little girl will show you how it's done :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: ..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tHUCgo1g5Q

RandyP

Bearcat
I've had my MK III apart a few times now, needs a mallet and punch to get the mainspring housing pin out, and the mallet to separate the barrel from the lower frame. Re-assembly requires a length of metal rod to align the barrel to again knock the mainspring pin back in place.

Is it some kind of 'impossible' task for me and most other owners? NO, of course not,. it is however a unique involved process not found in any other recently made handgun and on a bad day a royal pain in the keester.

The MK IV ultra-simplicity was a looooooong time coming and I sure hope they make a lot of them, cuz they're gonna sell better than anything Ruger has made to date.....IMHO.

So a pre-teen girl can properly reassemble MK's but Ruger decided that since hairy chested adult males can't they needed to redesign the take down for the MKIV.

I certainly hope those who cry about reassembling the pistols fell appropriately ashamed of themselves.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I find it interesting when Ruger comes out with the better mouse trap various people slam it. They made a decision probably based on sales and competition (S&W Victory). It looks to be a good design. Time will tell. No I will not get rid of my Mark IIs for them. But if I had Mark IIIs I would. The few Mark IIIs I have had were far more difficult to tear down and reassemble. They were far tighter to put back together. I have already told my local GS to hold first one for me.

TomV

Bearcat
Extraordinary presentation by the little girl. I liked it a lot!

Another possibility:
An inexpensive hardware solution to the reinstall the hammer mainspring assembly into Ruger MK pistols easily, quickly, and CORRECTLY EVERY TIME. 

This new patented Hammer Strut Support (HSS) installs in seconds and remains in the handle.  The hammer strut will never again get lodged under the cross-pin in the handle.

Now available for PRE-ORDER until Oct 21, for $10 with free shipping at:
HammerStrutSupport.com

hammie

Single-Sixer
Thanks go to "chief_beer" for posting this video. Demographics are changing and hopefully we will get more women (and little girls) entering the shooting sports.

Easier is not always better. You can't always credit or extrapolate everything posted on the internet forums, but a simple search will show you many posts from owners of buckmarks and S&W victory's complaining about take down screws shooting loose or take down hole threads stripping. At least the re-assembled ruger pistol is solid and stays that way. And like the little girl, I never found my original standard ruger or my current mark II that difficult to strip and re-assemble.

If the new mark IV stays together after many take downs, then I agree that this new design will be a win for ruger and a win for shooters. However, I'm not trading my mark II for a mark IV just yet, given rugers seeming current quality control problems.

REP1954

Blackhawk
Nice job but can she handle thetake down screw and the bushing problems of the Victory?

dingode

Single-Sixer
TomV said:
Extraordinary presentation by the little girl. I liked it a lot!

Another possibility:
An inexpensive hardware solution to the reinstall the hammer mainspring assembly into Ruger MK pistols easily, quickly, and CORRECTLY EVERY TIME. 

This new patented Hammer Strut Support (HSS) installs in seconds and remains in the handle.  The hammer strut will never again get lodged under the cross-pin in the handle.

Now available for PRE-ORDER until Oct 21, for $10 with free shipping at:
HammerStrutSupport.com

Is this made out of Stainless?

TomV

Bearcat
Dingode:

My manufacturer says they will be making it in stainless steel. The prototypes were made by precision laser cutting of alloy steel, zinc coated to withstand 18 hours submerged in salt water, and that prototype is shown in the pictures on my website: HammerStrutSupport.com

But, like I said, the engineering and production manufactured HSS is to be done in stainless steel, and that is what is taking a little longer to get the first production batch.

Thanks for asking, --Tom

Latest posts