Beautiful Revolver from my Beautiful Wife

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mr.revolverguy

Bearcat
Yes the wooden grips could have a better fit, but it doesn't look too much different than these Altamonts I have been thinking about.
RG-OT11-CK.jpg

The Norseman

Blackhawk
A Genuine Color Case Hardened Ruger GP 100,
what a Wonderful Custom Touch, and your Wife
made it Personal to You. Congratulations.

Thank you so much for Sharing this Gift and the
Moving Picture.

If you do Shoot it, please give a Range Report.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
That truly is a thing of beauty. My wife would have no idea how to have that done for a present.

Nice video as well. I can tell from the very high position of the rear sight that the gun shoots low. So you'll want to be sure to get a lower front sight when you switch to the fiber optic sight.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
mr.revolverguy said:
Yes the wooden grips could have a better fit, but it doesn't look too much different than these Altamonts I have been thinking about.

I would definitely go with the Altamonts, the grip you have on there does not look good at all. The rest of the gun is fine!

two.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
The Match Champion grips fit like that. The set I bought from Ruger had a gap at the top. I was told by the person at Ruger that the gap would be there. The MC grips replaced the 44 Spl roper style grips it cane with. I didn't care for them at all. Much prefer the MC grips, even with the gap.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I guess to each his own, but I think the MC grips are an aesthetic design flaw. The wood should be flush with the metal frame to my eye. I never really noticed it on the stainless models, but with the Turnbull color case hardening it really stands out.