SBH hammer to S Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
Well kinda sorta, you didn't specify New/Old model but my answer is " kinda sorta"

They can but you have to chop, cut, re-build.
The Old Model is easiest, Chop off the top, I have seen this before, it's ok, but that's a $125-150 hammer you're chopping.
I'm currently doing a OM build where the thumb was cut off the Single Six and NM Super were swapped, welded, re-shaped.
Here is a picture showing OM hammers, Hawkeye to Bearcat.

Hawkeye, Super Blackhawk, LG Blackhawk, Med Blackhawk, Single Six, Super Single Six, Bearcat.

19212007.jpg

Photo credits:weaselmeatgravy

NM can be chopped, but you would have to address the transfer bar ledges, or again graft the tops.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Yes, it will function but is too tall and look funny. It won't have the low profile you may be looking for. On a new model the front face will need a little fitting for the transfer bar to work correctly.

This one was shortened a bit at the spur and along the top surface:

orig.jpg

This one was sectioned to lower the spur and then welded which produces a much better result:

cid_20140416_083959.jpg

An easier alternative for a new model is the single six Bisley hammer if Ruger still has any left. This gun also has the Bisley trigger:

orig.jpg

The Bisely hammer takes a little modification to use with a the standard grip frame:

DSCN0589.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0598.jpg

Stock Bisley hammer in rear, modified Bisley center and standard hammer in front:

P1010010-6.jpg
(photo by G2)

G2

Hunter
Good stuff, love to see customs.
Here is a OM Single Six that I have been working on for a few years :roll:
Built out of scrounged parts from here and there, lots of time invested, very little cash.
It's all done except Bluing, I'm going to rust blue it.
Grip frame is polished bright stainless.
Hammer is "SUPER OM SINGLE SIX" Chop, Cut, Weld, Grind, Re-shape, NM/OM.
I set it low and sleek, bare minimum and still cock.
413222177.jpg

413222176.jpg

413222175.jpg