RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:52 pm 
Bearcat

I was wondering if anyone think ruger will be coming out with a new pistol to compete with the Sig P365. the only thing it seems they have now that come close is the EC9S while it seems to be a good weapon it is no means a great weapon. The LC9S was a better choice as I don't really think 3 rounds will make or break a choice for me but the better sights with the choice to install night sights on the LC9S and being very close in size make it a better competitor to the P365 then the EC9S but they stop making it. thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:23 pm 
Bearcat

I don't think so. The sig is at a higher price point and the rugers are "affordable" You can get a security 9 compact and a case of ammo for the cost of just the 365.

I'm still waiting for a compact striker 45 from ruger. Glad I'm not holding my breath

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:00 pm 

Ruger doesn't make those kinds of semi-auto's with exception of the 1911.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:59 pm 
Bearcat

scubadad wrote:
I don't think so. The sig is at a higher price point and the rugers are "affordable" You can get a security 9 compact and a case of ammo for the cost of just the 365.

I'm still waiting for a compact striker 45 from ruger. Glad I'm not holding my breath

Ruger makes the Ruger American Pisol Compact in 45.

https://ruger.com/products/rugerAmerica ... /8645.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:40 pm 
Hunter

stchman wrote:
scubadad wrote:

You beat me to it. The American Compact is a nice gun, love my 9mm. Been looking at the 45

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:55 am 
Blackhawk

I think Ruger will have to come out with a new design similar to the P365 and Hellcat to stay competitive in the marketplace.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:35 pm 
Hawkeye

I've owned and/or shot a lot of plastic pistols. They all do very well at what they're designed to do. I really don't get the need for any to be any more competitive at what they do. How can you really improve on a pistol that goes bang with monotonous regularity, with the same accuracy expectation of all the other plastic pistols?

I think if improvements are really expected or demanded, it's time to step back to the old-school all-metal pistols.

I keep hearing how smooth and accurate these polymer wonder pistols are. Compared to what?

Plastic pistols are a compromise. I'm not putting them down. I often carry one myself. But they are what they are. Plastic doesn't make them phenomenal. It makes them cheaper to produce and less expensive.

Brand loyalty is tremendous. If you could convince the fan boys that any given pistol was as good or better than their beloved SIG or Glock, or any other brand, I don't think most fan boys would jump ship anyway.

I think the new and improved models of any company are there to sell newer models to a clientele that is already saturated. And marketing is very good at convincing the public that the most recent model is in fact, better. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:50 pm 
Bearcat

s4s4u wrote:
stchman wrote:
scubadad wrote:

You beat me to it. The American Compact is a nice gun, love my 9mm. Been looking at the 45

I agree the rap is a good gun I was looking for something like an xds size or a lc9 in 45