Best/Favorite P Series

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
P95man said:
P95 DAO followed by P97 DAO, own several and shoot them often. Great guns. I also really like the PC9/P95 combo.

Don't see many DAO P guns! You have a couple of sweethearts there! I agree that the p series and PC carbine combo is quite neat. I have thought of parting with my last 2 Carbines a few times but I thankfully always talk myself down.

Tinman931

Single-Sixer
Still very partial to the P89. Built like a tank and completely reliable. I have, and like, some of the polymer guns but nothing feels the same as steel. You know you have something in your hand with that.

Al James

Hunter
ncvikingfan said:
Best/Favorite P Series = P93 followed closely by P93.

Thanks.

Good to see you posting here again! If I remember right you have some nice P93's! I too love the P93DC, they are hard to come by. I have bid on a few on GB in the last year or so and have not won any of them. Ah well, I keep hoping that I will come across one at a shop used but I have yet to see one locally for sale in the last several years. Glad to see you back ncvikingfan!

Varminterror

Blackhawk
I only have one P series left, a KP97DC that I bought for $283 'roundabouts 2000 or 2001. I had a P85, 89, 90, and 944, sold all of them except this 97, obvious favorite of the bunch.

Nothing that interested me about the p345, or those that followed.

Although, my wife has since commandeered the 97, so I guess techincally, I don't have a P series of my own left... Might have to remedy that...

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
Al James said:
ncvikingfan said:
Best/Favorite P Series = P93 followed closely by P93.

Thanks.

Good to see you posting here again! If I remember right you have some nice P93's! I too love the P93DC, they are hard to come by. I have bid on a few on GB in the last year or so and have not won any of them. Ah well, I keep hoping that I will come across one at a shop used but I have yet to see one locally for sale in the last several years. Glad to see you back ncvikingfan!

Al James,

Thanks. It has "kinda' been a rough stretch. The company that I worked for announced it was closing the facility that I was employed at. I have been spending most of my time looking for/applying for jobs.

Finally got a new job last week. When one door closes, another one will open. Hooray!!

P.S. Thanks for noticing my absence. You have a good memory. It took me a long time to just acquire two KP93DC(s).

Al James

Hunter
NC, sorry things have been tough. I am an optimist so I figure for every down there is an up, a calm after every storm, life is good until your dead, etc. I wish you the best of luck with your new job. Let me know what you do via PM and I will keep my eyes peeled for opportunities that may match your skill set. I learned that sometimes in this oconomy it is necessary to exit your comfort zone in order to succeed financially. I went through some tough times too. Keep your head up and work hard and you will succeed. Regardless, I am happy to see you back. PS let me know if you ever decide to part with a KP93DC :wink:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Tinman931 said:
Still very partial to the P89. Built like a tank and completely reliable. I have, and like, some of the polymer guns but nothing feels the same as steel. You know you have something in your hand with that.
Well, the P89 has an aluminum frame so if you insist on all-steel, it's not your gun. Of course its slide, barrel and internal parts are steel but they are on the polymer frame guns too.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
These are the only two "P" Series Safe Queen's I have left. Sold all the others off a few years ago.
Always did like them just went in a different direction.
Terry

1st year P-85, note "long" slide release lever.

Only made one year SS P-85, NOT a KP-85 MKII, gun was never sent back for recall.

modrifle3 said:
Ruger needs a metal frame series with some serious quality. Raise the price but put the quality back into it.

+1 I wouldn't mind seeing a premium line-up like what you mentioned. Something quality, with decent triggers. Even Kahr arms has a poly: P series and metal: K series line-up.

If Ruger can manufacture a 1911 series handhgun, they should also be able to do a decent metal gun line-up.

19&41

Bearcat
I've had a P90 for a while now and I intend to keep it. A couple of weeks ago I saw a 9mm P94 advertised online and it looked to be just what I have been looking for. I picked it up yesterday and it looks just as good as the pictures promised. And it will accept lasergrips.

welder

Buckeye
19&41 said:
I've had a P90 for a while now and I intend to keep it. A couple of weeks ago I saw a 9mm P94 advertised online and it looked to be just what I have been looking for. I picked it up yesterday and it looks just as good as the pictures promised. And it will accept lasergrips.

I picked up A P94 9mm a few years ago on an impulse buy while cruising my LGS, It has turned out to be one of my favorite guns. Good trigger and smooth(er) lines. It is a keeper and I carry it on occasion. I personally wish Ruger would bring back the P guns.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I recently bought a used P-89 I found on a local Craigslist- type site that allows firearms sales. It dates from 1993 and the original owner had substituted a P95 trigger, Hogue grips and had it Cerrocoated. I threw more money at it by buying extra magazines, factory grip panels and a set of LPA adjustable fiber optic sights (the factory fixed sights shot very low for me).

I had a P89DAO and a couple of P-95DC's years ago but they managed to slip away in trades for something else. I miss them and nostalgia made me grab the P-89 when it showed up for sale at an attractive price.

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
.45 ACP: Shooting - P90DC, carrying - P345DC. The P90 would always outshoot the P345. The P345 was sold years ago.
9mm: P93DAO with Crimsom Trace laser grips. This is the wife's house gun at the moment.

My dream "P" gun? P90DAO with Crimsom Trace grips. Did they ever make a P90DAO?