Best/Favorite P Series

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
hittman said:
I don't think there's a bad one in the lot.

I prefer the DC models. I've got the 90, 95 and 97.

I'm with hittman on this one...they all have their attributes but to me a ss decock only version of any given P gun is a fine weapon. I don't think I could settle on one as the best. I've said before that I believe the KP95DPR15 is the ultimate P gun but then I shoot a group with a P90, admire the P93, or carry the P345 for an afternoon and I'm back to the same dilemma..... if I could only have one?

Al James

Hunter
P90 said:
I don't own a SR series pistol, and don't have any reason to. The P Series will do anything I need them to do. :D

And your P guns not only do what you need them to do but......they look amazing too!

P90

Single-Sixer
Al James said:
P90 said:
I don't own a SR series pistol, and don't have any reason to. The P Series will do anything I need them to do. :D

And your P guns not only do what you need them to do but......they look amazing too!
P90001.jpg

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The KP95DC is my fave. Cheap, easy to shoot, and super dependable. I think Ruger ought to create an updated P-gun with similar size and ergonomics to the SR and sharing the same mags. Keep the real world price at $350.00 or so and they won't be able to make them fast enough.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Ruger needs a metal frame series with some serious quality. Raise the price but put the quality back into it.

roylt

Hunter
The 94 was a very nice pistol. I'd consider buying new if they made one again.

welder

Buckeye
P345 and P90 for me. I also hold the P94 and a P95's I own in pretty high regard as well.
Actually, IMO, the P94 in 9mm is probably the most underrated gun I own. Perfect reliability and smooth lines. Picked it up used but unfired, no box/papers for a song and never looked back. It has never disappointed me.
I never turn down a good P series if the price is right. Shame on Ruger for dropping them. I do not own an SR series anything and most likely never will, because as Calvin said, the P series does all I ask and that is fine with me.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
I have a P95 in black I like really well, it is a shooter. I'm on the lookout for a P90. Also P90 that is one beautiful handgun! :D

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Al James said:
Nice guns and nice shooting Buck! Are both your guns DC only?

Al ... The P95 is a DC and the P345 is a safety model. While there isn't a big difference in function, I do prefer the decocker version.

Al James

Hunter
BuckJM53 said:
Al James said:
Nice guns and nice shooting Buck! Are both your guns DC only?

Al ... The P95 is a DC and the P345 is a safety model. While there isn't a big difference in function, I do prefer the decocker version.

Agreed. If I was going to have one P gun that was a manual safety it would be the P345. The P345 Manual Safety looks just like a DC as they thankfully did away with that huge swinging safety and track used on everything prior. I never was a fan of the pre P345 manual safety P guns for the safety aesthetics alone. Sad, I know. Make mine a DC please...

P95man

Bearcat
P95 DAO followed by P97 DAO, own several and shoot them often. Great guns. I also really like the PC9/P95 combo.