Ruger MkII 5.5"Stainless question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bravastar1

Single-Sixer
I am like owing to a very nice used MKII stainless with a 5.5 inch barrel. It has three holes drilled and tapped in the top of the barrel and it comes with a rail that will match up with the holes. The gun on the phone told me it is all original. I did not think they came drilled and tapped. Any help will be appreciated.

depends on just when it was made, I recall after 2004 ,all the Mark II were drilled and tapped, before it seems it was the competition gov. models. and those smaller, narrow 3 hole bases for the "Ruger" rings, grooved or notched............made sense when they finally went to the more "useable" weaver style bases..........

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Late in the model run, Ruger did drill and tap MkII and 22/45 MkII guns for an included scope mounting rail. I owned a stainless 5-1/2" bull barrel 22/45 Mk II that was drilled and tapped. I purchased mine in early 2005 when the MkIII's were already available.

bravastar1 said:
I am like owing to a very nice used MKII stainless with a 5.5 inch barrel. It has three holes drilled and tapped in the top of the barrel and it comes with a rail that will match up with the holes. The gun on the phone told me it is all original. I did not think they came drilled and tapped. Any help will be appreciated.

Just for clarity, is it drilled/tapped on the barrel, or on the receiver?

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Uncle Howie said:
bravastar1 said:

Just for clarity, is it drilled/tapped on the barrel, or on the receiver?
On the receiver, just like the later MkIII and current MkIV guns are now. Same hole spacing as current guns.

My older MKII stainless 5.5" is not drilled. But my newer MKII stainless 5.5" came drilled from the factory, and had a weaver base with it in silver with Ruger logo on it.