OM 45 Convertible - Pic & info added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

8pointer

Single-Sixer
Just closed the deal on a short barrel OM 45 Blackhawk with a spare .45 ACP cylinder. Couldn't find a serial number listing in Dougan's book for factory issued convertibles. I'll call the factory next week, unless someone here on the forum knows of a resource that lists the factory convertibles. Serial number is 45-15734. I don't pick it up until tomorrow so no pics yet.

Thanks

Jerry

It letters!!

45photo.jpg
[/img]

flatgate

Hawkeye
The convertibles and the single cylinder guns fall in "mixed" s/n ranges.
Only 23,000 .45's were made during Old Model production. Any OM .45 is a prize!

43971946.jpg

43971939.jpg

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
8pointer said:
Just closed the deal on a short barrel OM 45 Blackhawk with a spare .45 ACP cylinder. Couldn't find a serial number listing in Dougan's book for factory issued convertibles. I'll call the factory next week, unless someone here on the forum knows of a resource that lists the factory convertibles. Serial number is 45-15734. I don't pick it up until tomorrow so no pics yet.

Thanks

Jerry

Hey Jerry, I've got some great news for you! Well maybe bad news because this info might cost you more $ in the long run!
First off, I don't have a list of the factory BKH-44X that were shipped. But, sounds like you are probably into a good one there.
Second, upon looking at my notes on OM .45 Blackhawks, I see that 45-15733 is a 7-1/2" non-convertible...and it shipped with a factory brass frame!!! That's right Model BKH-45B!!
Well, the best news is 45-15733 is also a known gun....having once been owned by Jim Dillon of Alabama, a Ruger collector who showed his massive collection of flattops, brass frames and Super Blackhawks on more than one occassion in the mid 1980's.
If you research a little, I bet you can find the mate to your gun!!
Good luck and good searching!!
Chet15

8pointer

Single-Sixer
Thanks Chet. Very interesting. Was out of town last week and never got a chance to call Ruger records or take photos.

I also have a Ross 357 (serial no. 14705) that apparently has a consecutive match on the Bob list. I would love to find either (or both) of these guns as I have no consecutives in my collection. If anyone on the forum has any info that would help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Jerry

chet15

Hawkeye
8pointer said:
Thanks Chet. Very interesting. Was out of town last week and never got a chance to call Ruger records or take photos.

I also have a Ross 357 (serial no. 14705) that apparently has a consecutive match on the Bob list. I would love to find either (or both) of these guns as I have no consecutives in my collection. If anyone on the forum has any info that would help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Jerry

Yeah, I know where 14704 is/was anyway...the person who had/has it. Send me a PM and I'll help you out on that. Maybe you can track it down. I'll also give you a possible lead on the brass frame blackhawk.
Chet15