Trade help needed New Pic added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

"In practical application any Glock is worth 100 Vaqueros."

Maybe for many shooters,, but there are plenty of us that politely disagree. Something about a big bore, and their boom, with the following authority of delivering serious knockdown,, makes a lot of things end quickly.
45acp, 10mm, 357sig, 460 Roland are all substantial. Not to mention the wardrobe discipline to carry such things. A double buscadero rig might be conspicuous with my Cargo shorts and t shirt. Since I retired I don't voluntarily wear pants.

contender

Ruger Guru
Glad you made the trade. You did very well.

Mom's attack happened about 20 years ago. She's been gone for about 14 years now. But, the lesson of her attack points to the fact that "simpler & more dependable is better."

I don't disagree that .45 ACP, 10mm, 357 Sig, or 460 Roland are substantial. But in a Glock, I would find them just as bulky as a SA revolver like this Vaquero. And I may be mistaken, but I don't recall a Glock being offered in 460 Rowland.
I live in the south, and wear shorts, T-shirts, daily. Yet,, I often tuck a 4-5/8" barrelled SA into my belt sans holster, (my belts are all gun belts) and go on my merry way, very comfortably. And I do have a IWB holster when I'm dressing where wearing one won't require me to take my gun in & out a lot.
When I'm working,, I can't wear any holster,, as many of my customers are in a very liberal area, and guns freak many out. So I just use a "tuck & go" during work days.
And yes, sometimes a compact 1911 in 45 acp, is my daily carry. Due to the amount of motor memory skills I have developed over the decades of shooting, including USPSA,, & SASS, I can operate my 1911 w/o thinking & even rack the slide one handed if necessary. Plus, I've often shot using just my off hand, and from very awkward positions. A large part of the folks carrying a handgun don't have that same motor memory skill.

But again, if I have my preferences,, I'll take a good revolver any day over a Glock.

contender

Ruger Guru
After I posted,, I thought maybe it could be taken as if I'm bashing Glocks.

I'm NOT!

Glocks are a well known, well respected, and very dependable firearm for the most part. But if given the CHOICE of a Glock or a big bore SA handgun in most of my types of potential encounters with various scenarios,, I'll still take a SA revolver.

G2

Hunter
BE CAREFULL once one starts into 44 special,,,
You will get bit by the "Special"

Then a .41 Special Custom Build $$$ ,,,

Then back to 38,,, and so on and so on…😳

I don't shoot 44 Magnums any more in my old model 44 flattop Blackhawk, it gets a steady diet of SPECIALS.

… have a NM 50th that been fitted with a RW brass Hunter for the Magnums. 😁
52162984363_05ea6e92b8_b.jpg

Latest posts