WTS- Bowen Lightweight 45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

As I continue to fine tune the guns in the safe I have decided to go back to focusing on old model revolvers so that means this little package needs a new home. The gun started life as one of the original large framed Vaqueros in 45 Colt. It was sent to Hamilton Bowen for his lightweight package which includes making the barrel 4", installing a new drift adjustable front sight, scalloping the recoil shield and loading gate, making a new shorter headed base pin, fitting a bisley spurred hammer, applying a black powder chamfer to the front edge of the cylinder, a full action job and reblue of the entire gun. Apparently the gun came as a dual cylinder 45 Colt/45 ACP gun because it includes an ACP cylinder and Bowens letter does not mention having to fit the auxiliary cylinder. I am not the original owner so I do not have the original work order but I do have the letter from Hamilton's shop stating that they in fact did do the work on this particular gun. A previous owner also had aa custom grip maker fit a set of sheep horn grips to the grip frame. While they did an excellent job of fitting the grips, they did not mark the inside of the grip with the makers name.

The shipped price on the gun along with the 45 ACP cylinder and a copy of the letter from Hamilton's shop verifying the work done is $2125 and a couple of payments is fine with me as long as at least 50% of the price is paid within the first week.

As usual, the first "I will take it" followed by a confirming PM locks it down.

Thank you for looking, Robb

I will leave it here for a few days but a link to this ad will be posted on a few other sites as well so the time stamp of the first IWTI decided who gets it.
UMfPcx3.jpg

7YcNkD3.jpg

JBird

Single-Sixer
There's only so long that I'll be able to resist this one, so somebody please save me from myself

I'm a sucker for vaqueros.

How's the lockup and end shake on the cylinders? I assume both are factory considering the description.

Thanks!

gw425

Single-Sixer
Hard to believe this is still here. Spent all my nickels on a different revolver from Robb. If I hadn't, this one would be coming my way.

Greg

JBird

Single-Sixer
Are the grips still tight and no warping? Also, is the second cylinder also reblued?

Trying to find a convenient reason to walk away from this one, but not finding one yet :)

Booshog

Ol' Bushy in the Cottonwoods
JBird said:
Are the grips still tight and no warping? Also, is the second cylinder also reblued?

Trying to find a convenient reason to walk away from this one, but not finding one yet :)

You know it's a bargain!

princeout

Blackhawk
Booshog said:
JBird said:

You know it's a bargain!

Better hurry - the payment plan is starting to look inviting to me!!

Tim

JBird

Single-Sixer
I probably need this.

I'll take it, but happy to let the PM above mine take precedent to see if they can work something out, but consider mine a committed, one payment-in-full back-stop.

Thanks!

J

JBird

Single-Sixer
Perfect! Keep me posted. I hope he loves it and gives it a good home, but if not, I'm your huckleberry.