WTB Ruger Old Blackhawk pre-conversion kit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dave0317

Bearcat
I own a three-screw flattop Blackhawk with a serial# in the high 2000s, that was converted with the safety bar sometime in history, but it does not have the Ruger conversion stamp anywhere on it or under the pistol grips. I am willing to pay a more-than-fair amount for the original pre safety conversion. If anyone is WTS, please let me know!

Dave0317

Bearcat
Don Garlitz said:
It is stamped between the grip frame and cyl frame :(

Yeah, I just took it apart and saw the dreaded "R" :( I'm still WTB a unconversion kit however. Makes it worth shooting still.

Dave, greetings and welcome to the Forum, when you look for these old model "sets" ( lock work) kits, must make sure you get the proper heigth hammer, and the center pin for the early Blackhawks have a different configuration as to the grooves and their spacing to be "proper" one of the guys who deals and collects these really early ,first models may tell you the proper "configuration" ( chad, what say ye ??) I'v e got some loose parts hammer, triggers, etc but NOT a "matched" set for that early of a Blackhawk, make it worth your time to check this out and make it RIGHT !!!
Last rod (center pin) that I had for that early of a gun, we used recently in a restoration for a guy, and he had told me what the grooves were and their spacing..........

Dave0317 said:
I own a three-screw flattop Blackhawk with a serial# in the high 2000s, that was converted with the safety bar sometime in history, but it does not have the Ruger conversion stamp anywhere on it or under the pistol grips. I am willing to pay a more-than-fair amount for the original pre safety conversion. If anyone is WTS, please let me know!
Dave
You don't say if it's a .357 or .44 Flattop. Either way I have complete sets. I'll send you a PM to discuss your needs.
Gary
JussBad

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum Dave.
All good info above,,, and relax about the "R" mark under the frame. Most of the collectors I know do not care,,, as long as it has the period correct parts re-installed in it.

Sharps40

Buckeye
Dave.317

Id pm ya but when I compose a message the to line is blocked with the word None and so....no pms.

Anyway.

I have exceptional hammer, trigger and hand. OM parts. All look like extreme low mileage, beautiful blue, etc.

Let me know if interested.

Sharps40

Cavallo58

Bearcat
I currently have one set of Pre-conversion parts for a Blackhawk .357 Magnum for sale. The gun was originally purchased by my Father and not fired much so the parts should be in excellent condition. Believe he bought it in 1973.

If you are interested in purchasing these parts (which I understand are becoming rare as Ruger no longer sends them back after a conversion), or know someone who may, please send me a return e-mail, and I can provide a list of the parts, and pictures if you desire. I have all of the paperwork from the conversion as well.

Thank you

[email protected]