WTB 405 Win Brass/ FOUND

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgr416

Single-Sixer
Starline needs to make it .The h9rbady brass is terrible .You can make it from 30-40 krag brass a little short but it works fine .

SEM

Single-Sixer
dgr416 said:
Starline needs to make it .The h9rbady brass is terrible .You can make it from 30-40 krag brass a little short but it works fine .

yep it comes up .25 short, I have a 40-40 chambered rifle barrel that is from a 30-40 Krag necked up to .411 kind of a 405 short, I wanted to buy some extra brass for a barrel I have on its way and cant run it a quarter short 257GNR, and really want to get a 338 GNR, no brass no go bang

I did call last week, Noodle said no go

And yes Starline would be GREAT but doubt the tooling would be worth it

I have one box of Hornady 405 Win brass , these where fired in a Encore barrel and if it helps, I have several boxes of Hornady 405 factory loaded ammo . that I might be talked out of ,

SEM

Single-Sixer
Hawk-in-Wi said:
I have one box of Hornady 405 Win brass , these where fired in a Encore barrel and if it helps, I have several boxes of Hornady 405 factory loaded ammo . that I might be talked out of ,

well turns out that the ammo offer will have to be passed on, my dictator has made shipping ammo to me near impossible, I really appreciate your time and offer

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
Did you try coloradocustomcartridges.com as they load Gary's cartridges and have the 405 based ammo like the 310gnr, 280gnr and 350gnr in stock(likely just 405 headstamped brass). Perhaps they have brass cases they would sell you. Just saying. I do have 378gnr unformed brass(properly headstamped 378gnr 405 base brass, 310gnr brass and 338gnr brass but am not wanting to part with it as it is all properly headstamped brass which isnt easy to attain anymore. I have a 257gnr barrel too but haven't shot it yet, amongst all the other gnr barrels in the safe. Yes, I'm a Reeder misfit and make no apologies.

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
Im sure there is someone on the Reeder site that would give some up if you ask on the forum....there are a lot of misfits that have hoards of it...and I mean hoards. Many of them are pretty generous too.

SEM

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys will go try Reeders site, I too have to many of something, wish I did not fall for the GNR lure, Started innocently was forced into a trade from a "buddy" a 350 GNR then trade it back when he could not live with out it, Then "conned" into a 30 Raptor (all by my self), Thought I was safe stated I AM DONE (should of known better), then The Falcon, then..... mumbling... oh yeah forgot the 257 GNR

I did have a very nice gentleman message me here and has mailed me some brass so for now done looking for now, tomorrow ????

Thanks to everyone, Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR

Latest posts