WTB 15-20 pcs of 360 Dan Wesson brass

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
Anyone have a few pcs they'd sell? Have a bullet i want to try in my Maximum that is too long to load in Max brass.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Got a case trimmer and a supply of 357 max brass?? Trim down a couple max brass to 360 length no taper to the case to worry about. Trim and bell the case mouth should be good to go.

Joe S.

Hunter
pruger45 said:
WTF is a 360 Dan Wesson?

The brass, being shorter, allows me to load a longer bullet in my 357 Maximum Blackhawk. I have a 200 grain gas check mold and i want to play with the bullet in my Max, but loaded in Max brass makes the COAL about 1/8" too long. The Dan Wesson brass is just short enough to let me load this bullet without deep seating.

Just an experiment i want to try.

gtxmonte

Buckeye
mike7mm08 said:
Got a case trimmer and a supply of 357 max brass?? Trim down a couple max brass to 360 length no taper to the case to worry about. Trim and bell the case mouth should be good to go.
That doesn't work. The case is too thick on the mouth when it is cut back. When you seat the bullets it bulges the case and they won't chamber. You would have to come up with some way to ream them and inside reaming brass is not exactly easy without custom tooling. Starline makes brass, but not sure if they have run any in a while.

Of interesting note, certain 357 pistols that have longer cylinders, like a 44mag or 45 Colt length, can be chambered to the 360. This round NEARLY gets you to maximum velocities

pbslinger

Single-Sixer
Speaking of reaming 357 Mag cylinders to 360 DW if they are 44 Mag length, It always struck me funny that N frame S&W 357 Mags have 44 Special length cylinders and not 44 Mag length. At least the Mod 28s do, and I assume the Model 27s.