WTB: 10/22 complete reciever (or cheap/damaged 10/22)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stover954rr

Bearcat
Hi Guys,
I am looking to do a build, so I am really looking for a 10/22 receiver. I would also be interested in a 10/22 with a broken stock, or other damage (as long as the receiver is still looking/functioning properly).
Thanks!
Stover

BlkHawk73

Hunter
After 13 or so builds, I've found the Best bet is ck used racks. Unless it's really cheap, shipping and transfer fees will be about the same as local used ones. A rcvr will be in the $100 range though so if the additional $50 a used will be is too much, perhaps a different plan. If doing a GOOD build, that $50-75 is moot.

soot4brains05

Bearcat
+1 on BlkHawk's comment, used at the local pawn works too.
And +1 on Jimbo1096, as I'm looking for another and the used ones just don't come up often, at least not cheap. I've even been checking Wallyworld for a sale and they haven't even had a 10/22 for months around here. I built one recently and it seems my wife really liked it so now I'm building another for her.
Soot

hillmillenia

Bearcat
I have an old project 10/22 rifle I will never get around to building...this includes the complete rifle, disassembled and in the white...I glass bead blasted everything including the barrel...it came out of the back of a truck. If you are still interested I can supply pictures (have to take 'em first) and serial no. range...I don't get around here often but I am honest and can provide refrences if that'll make you feel at ease...just let me know...oh I'd take 100 bucks plus shipping for all. One other item for anyone interested, I have an old 3-screw single six in the same condition...I can provide additional details for interested party. Thanks

soot4brains05

Bearcat
Hill,
Please e-mail me some pic's (e-mail in profile) I am interested if the condition is good and not pitted or anything, having come from the back of a truck. My wifes gun is going to be a stainless gun and I would have to strip and silver/brush finish anyway. Also is it old enough to still have the aluminum trigger housing group (the S/N will tell that). Now before anybody get's upset, I understand that I am in line behind stover954rr and Jimbo1096. But if their not interested it would save time if I had pic's and could decide before hand and if they do want it it's just another e-mail.
Thanks, Soot

hillmillenia

Bearcat
OK will do and will hold to hear from OP and second...parts are in the white and no pitting (receiver, aluminum trigger housing and barrel)...but you will need to coat and assemble...really not an issue...I'll let you know and thanks. Hill

stover954rr

Bearcat
Hill,
I appreciate the post up! Not exactly what I am looking for, so I will pass.
Soot, I appreciate the honesty.
~Stover

hillmillenia

Bearcat
hillmillenia said:
One other item for anyone interested, I have an old 3-screw single six in the same condition...I can provide additional details for interested party. Thanks
The revolver is in the white as well and needs work (read sat in a wet box for some time)...I do have a new blue period correct barrel, ejector shroud, front sight assy w/screw and a pair of clean original grips. The existing barrel would need to be removed and replaced with the new barrel...again if your interested let me know. Hill

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
hillmillenia said:
OK will do and will hold to hear from OP and second...parts are in the white and no pitting (receiver, aluminum trigger housing and barrel)...but you will need to coat and assemble...really not an issue...I'll let you know and thanks. Hill

Where are you located? I might be interested in the receiver if you're close enough for a FTF.

hillmillenia

Bearcat
Hey guys...I have your emails and will send pics as soon as I get home from work...assuming my internet is working..it wasn't last night hence the delay...I have your responses in order so the first taker in order will get the parts.