Wolf Ammo.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buster cat

Bearcat
I have a P95 That was gained from trading a couple of other guns in 2002. I have no idea of the round count, probably over 10,000. Never a bobble from this gun, no problems ever.

I was burning off some old carry ammo this week. Federal Hi Shock, Remington Golden Saber. The P95 ran like a top.

Mixed in with the carry ammo was a box of Wolf. I have never fired any of this stuff. It was from a friend that had sold his P89. First shot failure to extract. Cleared the jam, reinserted the mag. fired the gun, failure to extract.

The extractor had frozen in the slide. Sprayed it with break cleaner, worked it loose with a screw driver, then lubed with Rem oil. Fired twenty five or thirty rounds of Winchester White Box. No problems, gun back to normal.

Some folks say they have no problem with Wolf, some say they do. Guess I am one of the folks that do.

Buster Cat.......... :D

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
My P95 is a 2000 gun, I have fired 2 or 3 thousand rounds of wolf with no FTF or FTE. I have used the Herters brand and the only issue with that was a few bullets were improperly seated in the case. not the guns fault. Perhaps when you cleaned the extractor you eliminated what ever gunk that might have accumulated.