Why, oh, why?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gabbyone

Bearcat
Why did I ever sell these rifles?
The #77 International was in .308 Win.
On the #3 I completely re shaped the stock. I took the stupid curved carbine buttplate off put a nice rubber one on it, I carved cheek panels behind the action, and created a schnauble on the fore end. This rifle in .223, would shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards all day.
I must have been possessed to sell it!

112_1201.jpg

112_1202.jpg

gabbyone

Bearcat
I don't know any more why there are two holes in the forearm.
I read an article in American rifleman that #1 and #3 had problems with barrel vibration and the solution was to drill and tap a hole out on the end of the forearm hanger and put a set screw in there to put a positive push on the bottom of the barrel. Dang if it didn't work. That #3 was a real tack driver after that, and would hold zero from cold to hot.
It had a beautiful piece of walnut also.

gabbyone

Bearcat
Sadly both rifles were destroyed in the forest fires around Bastrop, Texas in August 2011, when the house they were in burned down.

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
gabbyone said:
Sadly both rifles were destroyed in the forest fires around Bastrop, Texas in August 2011, when the house they were in burned down.

Only way to make that story any more depressing is to say that your favorite dog "Old Yeller" was in the house too.

Randomguy

Bearcat
For every RSI lost, one is found;

dscf0797jpg_thumbnail0_zpsc5fc6a37.jpg

This one lives at my house now. It shoots into 7/8" at 100 yards with Hornady Whitetail ammo when I'm having a good day. It is beautiful EVERY day.

Latest posts