who likes full stocks?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have owned 5 Ruger RSI's. Two 77s and three #1s. A 7x57 #1 was the only accurate one of the bunch. The others I struggled to get less then 2 1/2"-3" groups. Beautiful rifles, but not accurate enough to be interesting. Just my experience.

Dave

roashooter

Single-Sixer
I have a weakness for the "Mannlicher" stocks.....have a Ruger RSI 308 tang safety....picked up in early eighties..but in my years of gun store shopping I rarely came across full length stocks. Since then I have added a CZ452FS..22...and a CZ527..223...in spite of the consensus that full stocked rifles are less accurate.....my three have all been tack drivers

Clark

Bearcat
Whoa! Do I see a left-handed, bolt-action, full-stock rifle in there? Who made that?

Also, very nice collection!

Clark

weshowe

Bearcat
Gents,

I own three full stock rifles and love them. All three were built by Steve Nelson(Nelson's Custom, Corvallis, OR)and are beautiful to behold. Steve does stellar work.

The first is a Mex mauser chambered in .284, the second is a . Sako L-461 in .221 Fireball, and the last is a CZ-550 that is re-stocked and chambered in the 9.3 x 62mm cartridge. With the three I have all the bases covered from mice to moose.

Full stocked rifles are both beautiful and functional, IMHO.

Wes

vmax204

Bearcat
You either love 'em or hate 'em. I have 6 Ruger RSI's 22-250, 243, 6.5x55, 270, 308, 30-06, also a 10/22 with the full stock. 2 full stocked Zastava's in 7.62x39 and 6.5x55. I'm searching for RSI's in 7mm08 and 7x57 so if anyone has one and wants to part with it let me know.
There is something about a carbine dressed in full wood that gets my attention. The closest rifle in comparison for handling was the Remington 600 and 660. I had a few of them as well but prefer the full wood so the Remingtons have all gone to new homes.

cowboybart

Bearcat
I have none in my collection, but would like to put one in. I just have a hard time getting past the man licker pronunciation.

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Have always loved full-stocked rifle/carbines. Let a Sako Forrester carbine in .308 get away from me many years ago. Now have a tang-safety RSI in .308 that scratches my itch for the style. Love your H & R and Husky, gorgeous. Have seen a few of the H & Rs over the years, don't believe I've ever encountered a Husky carbine. Buddy has a standard rifle in 7 mm mag.