which one??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
My local shop recently had a sale for G3c's for $225 out the door, I ordered one but they were out of stock. I was told yesterday by the shop, they are back in stock at the supplier and I can still get one but they aare gonna be $260.00 +tax for the stainless. However they also told me they are running a sale on the Savage Stance at $280.00 +tax. I looked them up and they look cool and get good reviews except some say the trigger isn't good. If y'all had a choice which one would y'all get? I love Savage rifles but never had one of their pistols. I already have one G3c and 8 extra mags put back for that model. The store said extra mags for the Stance are $30 each but it does come with two with the gun. Also parts may be easier to get for the Stance but I don't know. Thanks for any help.

Assuming you're talking about a Taurus G3C????
I carry a G2C which is basically the same. Held side by side, it's difficult to tell the difference. My G2C has a SS slide and black frame with the safety(which I don't use).
I could carry whatever pistol I wish (meaning the choice isn't price based) but the G2C has done everything asked w/o reason to complain. I've seen ads for the Taurus much cheaper than $260 but your location may increase prices.
I don't know anything about the Savage pistol and can only offer that there's many offerings of 're-branded' or knock-off handguns on the market these days.

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
My Wife carries a Taurus G3C 9MM. I put that thing through the ringer with a ton of rounds and with the rounds I wanted her to carry. Not a hiccup aside from the rear sight came loose. Easy enough fix. I'm comfortable with her carrying that pistol.

Felt funny shooting a purple framed gun w/matte stainless slide all day though.....

$220 with free shipping (standard model)

Personally I'd steer away from the Stance until they work all the bugs out. It doesn't seem to offer anything over the G3C. More money, less capacity, cheap looking safety, and a really gimmicky ported slide that looks great for trapping debris if used as an EDC. Taurus has been around awhile and makes a good product for the price point. Their customer service is also spot on if I remember correctly. JMHO

"get good reviews except some say the trigger isn't good."
Here's my take on the trigger: The trigger action reminds me of a cap gun BUT it's the same every time. Pay attention to sight alignment and just haul back on the trigger as smooth a possible. There's no discernable 'break', just a controlled pull until it drops the striker. Once you get used to this movement, it's quite simple to hold and pull. In a SD scenario, 'squeezing' the trigger is probably out the window anyway.

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
UPDATE: I went to the store and decided on the G3c, the Stance was nice but those cutouts in the slide might hold crud when carrying and the trigger is better on the G3c. Also the G3c came with 3 mags, it was dated August 3rd 2023. I mentioned about some with 2 mags and they went and looked at their black models that just came in. They had 4 to just come in and 3 had 2 mags and one had 3 mags, all four were dated from August 2023. So I got lucky and got a 3 mag box, so now I have 11 or 12 mags now for my guns. Thanks for all the help

pyth0n

Buckeye
My Wife carries a Taurus G3C 9MM. I put that thing through the ringer with a ton of rounds and with the rounds I wanted her to carry. Not a hiccup aside from the rear sight came loose. Easy enough fix. I'm comfortable with her carrying that pistol.

Felt funny shooting a purple framed gun w/matte stainless slide all day though.....
So you had fun shooting a purple gun w/matte stainless slide, did you ever let your wife take a turn shooting it? How did she do? 🤣

I liked the Taurus pistols (at least the two I ever owned) better than the revolvers.
Wasn't pleased with customer service though.

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
So you had fun shooting a purple gun w/matte stainless slide, did you ever let your wife take a turn shooting it? How did she do? 🤣

I liked the Taurus pistols (at least the two I ever owned) better than the revolvers.
Wasn't pleased with customer service though.
Shooting anything is fun, even if not masculine enough for this big guy lol

She did very well. She's more comfortable with the Sig 226 since that was her duty side arm with the Sheriffs Office before she transitioned over to Animal Control half way through her career.....she's great with a leash and pole also...(get your minds out of the gutter lol)....

Kind of makes me think of the LulaLoader/Uploader we had back when we had the one. We both love it, so I got my husband a pink one! :) His attitude is if it works who cares? And when people see his lancer for blood testing they wonder if he took it from a child:

IMG_2569.JPG

All decorated up for any little boy or girl. LOL One of the things that pleases him is with some of the diabetes sites and forums he suggested that device Genteel and Freestyle meters to some with diabetic children. The meters need the smallest sample and the lancer works like a syringe so the pokes don't need to be as deep with the vaccuum effect. Some of the moms with type 1 kids said it was a night and day difference when got things set up and elementary age kids that used to be scared of the pokes then were no problem, time to test with far less stress about doing it.