what is the most expensive model MK1/2 out there?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bobski

Hunter
what grade?
what features?
what series of Mk1/2 is the top gun as far as cost?
i know people can build them up into fancy race guns etc., but as far as buying one.....just the mention of it would turn heads and people would know its the best of the best.
im not talking NIB either. i mean the most well built, expensive Mk1/2 available to the common man. thanks.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
I BELIEVE the MKI 5 1/4" TARGET is the rarest. DOES rhat make it the most expensive ?
And all of the MKI, MKII, AND MKIII pistols were built to the same standards.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
car said:
I would think the Government Target Model would be the most expensive regular production gun.

That's the one that came to my mind. I don't think it's made any longer though. The used ones are bringing high prices.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
Clovishound said:
bobski said:
anyone got a pic of the govt target model?

Just do a Bing image search for Mark II government, you will see lots of them.

EVIDENTLY YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND...bobski is too impo'tent to be bothered with your crass suggestion and prefers to be spoon fed like pablum to a baby. Don't you dare suggest he go and reads all the freakin' books with RUGER in their name.....

bobski

Hunter
congrats for being the 1st. :wink:

so far i have the 1 millionth mk2 as most expensive. next i see 10" variations. and for the lucky few that have govt marked govt issued, have the lowest production numbers.

rich e

Single-Sixer
ruger053.jpg

my government model

Xsales

Buckeye
Well a first year '49 RST4 comes to mind

You ain't seeing too many of them floating around

Actual most expensive would be some dang near priceless 1 of a kind rarity issues or issues with just a few, mis-numbered, mis-stamped, etc.........

bobski

Hunter
thanks. but i thinkthe 49 idea is where im going with the topic. the 1 of 1's and special issues or oddballs normally always bring interest. i was just curious on those that would catch someones eye.
i think the 49 rst4 may be it.

mwl

Bearcat
I just purchased a Mark ll target pistol stainless steel with a 10 inch bull barrel. It came with a Aimpoint 1000 red dot sight. My question is did I pay to much at 550.00...

g17

Bearcat
mwl said:
I just purchased a Mark ll target pistol stainless steel with a 10 inch bull barrel. It came with a Aimpoint 1000 red dot sight. My question is did I pay to much at 550.00...

Paying too much is a subjective thing. At one time, I used to see Mark II pistols everywhere but seldom nowdays. I'd say you did ok on the price if everything is in nice shape but the only validation you really need is how well you like it.