Warne Quick Detach Ring Opinions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I'm looking at getting some Warn Quick detach for a Hawkeye, I'm wondering from folks that have used them if the return to zero or not worth the trouble.

Thanks

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Want to know as well, want a couple sets for #1s and and couple for 77s, look nice but do not know if they are are the best choice

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
Don't know if they are the "best" choice but what are the other choices? Standard Ruger rings can be used. I've done it and so have others. I have a MKII RSI in 308 set up with a peep and a 4x fixed scope that I interchange with no loss of zero. The advantage of the Warne's is they have a lever. True RTZ rings are expensive. The gold standard is probably german claw mounts and even they don't last forever thru countless attach/detach cycles.

elkeater

Bearcat
Silent Sam said:
Standard Ruger rings can be used. I've done it and so have others.

I use the standard rings on my #1's. I keep with me a stubby screw driver that I ground and filed to fit the screw slot.

I don't know the setup of the Hawkeye.

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I've used Warne QD rings on several tang safety 77's, from 22 250 to 416Taylor. They returned to zero on my rifles. On the 416T, I took them on and off regularly and they were always on the mark.
Bfly

I think that is a myth. The fact that if you take a scope off a rifle it needs to be re zeroed. As long as you do not loosen or move the rings around the scope and place it back it the same place as before. My history is around 20 years of shooting match rifles. None were ever transported with the scope attached, none ever lost zero. Iron sights on the small bore rifles never transported on the rifle and never lost zero. The sights or scopes are attached to the rifle just before a match. 2 AR15s and 1 AR10 I
own, I take the scopes off and put them back on at will. Never lost a zero. Hunting rifles I leave the scopes on them, never tested the zero change. But, if I move the scope in the rings just a little forward or back or side to side the zero does change.
Addition information: When to range today. I had taken a 10-22 apart, put in a different bolt spring and removed scope and action from stock for the work. I returned the scope to same place on the rail. 25 yards shooting CCI mini mag this day, before it was federal HV lead. I was 100% on elevation and 1/2 inch right. Scope is a old Bushnell banner 4x 1 inch tube .22lr scope.

pulaski

Single-Sixer
I have only one pair attached to a scope .
I use this combination when testing reloads in a 1A.
Takes the guess work out of the "was it the eye or the reloads ".
Mine will be with in an 1/8" of where they were when I took them off (100 yds.)
I trust mine enough to hunt deer with this combination .
Steve

Psb1911

Single-Sixer
All I use are Warne rings and bases...........the QD's always return to zero!

Major T

Blackhawk
As indicated above, I have found that Ruger rings and most rings that fit Weaver style bases do a pretty good job of returning to zero provided no other changes are made. The lever makes it easier, but a quarter coin tight is usually good enough, so I try to make sure I have a couple of quarters. They will bend if cranked too hard.

Jack

Coyote Hunter

Single-Sixer
Four sets of Warne QD rings on my rifles, three Marlin levers and a Ruger Gunsite Scout.

No need to re-zero after removal based on my experience. Been using them since I got my first Marlin (.45-70) for 16 years ago.