Walmart Ammo 9MM Luger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CDR-USN

Bearcat
Hey folks, please check your local Walmart today. Just found 6 boxes of Federal 115gr/FMJ for $9.47 per box. They limited me to 6 boxes and that left 4 on the case. Very surprized to find it on a Saturday afternoon. St Peters,MO :D

Scott

Single-Sixer
In Mid-MO, it's down from $17 a couple mos ago to $13 a couple weeks ago, but it still goes fast. I'll go check this weekend - I'm not far from you.

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
Picked up four today at my local WalMart.....$9.47 a box also. Used this ammo many times in all three of our 9mm's. Decent stuff.

22bond

Single-Sixer
Saw about 20+ boxes of Fed 9mm this morning too in N Dallas.
They had about the same amount at the beginning of the week and now another shipment at the end of the week.

waldo1324

Bearcat
St louis Walmart has literally stacks of some swiss 127 grain stuff for $16.
and yah - the $9 115 federal too. (love this stuff..its like off brand potato chips, you are not getting the name brand but you know you are going to snack fierce on them)
ususally a box or so of WWB 115 @ $13

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
2fast4u":3pbqafc4 said:
mine only has RWS ( swiss crap) for 17 bucks a box.......screw that

Swiss crap? I don't think I have ever heard anything related to Switzerland being called crap. RWS makes fine ammunition and for $17 a box that is deal IMO for quality 9mm.

A

Anonymous

Well, I just checked out my local Wal-Mart and could only find Remington and RWS.. Just one box of Remington left at 13.47 but had a whole stack of RWS at 18.97 per box. Saleman said nobody is buying RWS stuff as several have complained of split cases?! Anyway no real sale for any 9MM stuff for me at the time as 13.47 for the Rem 9mm 115 GR seems to be the standard going price everywhere

waldo1324

Bearcat
i cant comment on te quality of the Swiss stuff, as im just breaking in and targeting.
im not going to use FMJ for home/ vehice carry ( in MO you can carry a loaded weapon in your car as long as its out of sight, ie under your seat or in the glove box), so its pointless to buy the expensive FMJ.
id rather use ridiculously expensive JHP's for the one in a million chance ill need to use them..
ill take the cheapest available ( federal ) or learn how to reload (in process.)

pamato18

Bearcat
Just picked up some ammo yesterday over in NH. Walmart's here always seem to have stuff. I've picked up 6 cases of federal for 9.47 a case. Burned through it but it went flawlessly through my SR9. Just picked up a bulk pack of Remington UMC, 250 rounds for about $50....trying that out for a change of ammo

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Cheesewhiz":3d1b7elf said:
2fast4u":3d1b7elf said:

Swiss crap? I don't think I have ever heard anything related to Switzerland being called crap. RWS makes fine ammunition and for $17 a box that is deal IMO for quality 9mm.

Wallyworld here has the RWS now too. No doubt fine ammo but for ventilating paper it's a bit expensive. Unless your skills are such that you can see differences in ammo on your targets. I can't. :oops:

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ":3e2jjf33 said:
Cheesewhiz":3e2jjf33 said:
2fast4u":3e2jjf33 said:

Wallyworld here has the RWS now too. No doubt fine ammo but for ventilating paper it's a bit expensive. Unless your skills are such that you can see differences in ammo on your targets. I can't. :oops:

I bought some a couple of weeks ago, along with the last box of WWB. It's good stuff. But still, it's $16-17/box. More accurate and tighter groups. It's still cheaper than WWB at places besides Wal-Mart (LGS, outdoor store, pawn shop, etc.) I'm getting a couple more for shooting contests with friends and general varmint killing at the farm.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
ArmedinAZ":19v32bgx said:

I try to shoot accurate ammo in my guns and yes, I can tell the difference

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
waldo1324":sg897fv8 said:
i cant comment on te quality of the Swiss stuff, as im just breaking in and targeting.
im not going to use FMJ for home/ vehice carry ( in MO you can carry a loaded weapon in your car as long as its out of sight, ie under your seat or in the glove box), so its pointless to buy the expensive FMJ.
id rather use ridiculously expensive JHP's for the one in a million chance ill need to use them..
ill take the cheapest available ( federal ) or learn how to reload (in process.)

How do you read in my post anything about self-defense with a 9mm FMJ?

...and if you shoot in a contest, wouldn't you want to fire something that scores well? So I don't find it pointless.

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
RWS is a top brand for accuracy.
If you are only punching paper, it is not needed, however, it you are shooting for target and accuracy is something important at the time, it is a cheap price for good ammo. (Check out the price of good 22lr target ammo)
How many have paid $20 - $30 for a box of 20 HP's? I know I have.

I have used RWS products for years and it is not just for paper drilling, it is when a shot has to hit the target. You can buy cheaper ammo, you can buy more expensive ammo. This (for target) is a "best buy" ammo.

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz":a21ye6ie said:
...and if you shoot in a contest, wouldn't you want to fire something that scores well? So I don't find it pointless.

Hit the target? He never said anything about hitting the target, LOL!! :wink:

Burley

Bearcat
I work late and tend to hit WM just before midnight. The last 2 weeks I've scored .380 and 9mm in 100 pack WWB along with bulk .22s. I also got a box of WWB 147 gr JHP 9mms.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
i called it swiss crap because its 17 bucks a box....... it may be fine ammo, but ill stick to my Israeli surplus's ammo for 11 bucks a box.... unless federal is in stock

Latest posts