Walmart Ammo 9MM Luger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
last wendsday i picked up 6 boxes of federal at wallys for 9.47 then my gpa picked up 6 boxes of 100 rd WWB for 22bucks

we did pretty good :)

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
You did real good:)
Wal-Mart just raised the price of the 100rnd white box by $2.
Not a "lot", unless you shoot a lot..., it adds up

bigfanofsr9

Bearcat
just picked up 3 more boxes of Federal today. They had the UMC in .40, but not in 9mm. I hope they get some because they had a good price on the other caliber.\

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
Just for info: I finally got around to chrono'ing that 124 grain RWS ammo that Wally World is selling. (For about $16.50 locally).

For ten rounds, from my SR9, it averaged 1,085 fps. This gives a ME of around 324 ft-lbs, if anyone cares. So it is just a bit 'lighter' than the WWB stuff that clocks around 1,156 fps from the same gun, giving a ME of around 341 ft-lbs.

I have not checked it for accuracy yet. Probably won't, as I find that in autoloaders the accuracy limit is CLEARLY ME, not the ammo, so in my case, it is pointless! :) I wonder if they (RWS) intentionally tried to make the stuff shoot just below sonic velocity..... to guarantee that there is no 'transonic' effect on the way to the target...... Hmmmmm.

P.S. The Federal stuff has just gone up from $9.47 to $9.97 here. Still a real bargain IMHO.

McP

Bearcat
Stopped in a WM while traveling thru SW Georgia. They had 40 or 50 boxes of 9mm. I believe the brand was RWS (not familiar with it). It was a bit pricey though.

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
waldo1324":dxvl2h6k said:
the swiss stuff has dropped nearly $4. $12 and change per 50

Same here; must be company policy, I guess. Guess they couldn't sell it at the higher price, as it sat around here for a LONG time.

For that price, it might be worth it. But as long as I can still get Federal there for $9.95.......

waldo1324

Bearcat
yah its federal all the way for me too. the rem and wwb and now the swiss are in the same $13-$14 bag that gets passed over for 'the champion'

slippingaway

Blackhawk
WyoGunner":2hcjdvca said:
How about defense ammo? Has anyone seen anything besides the WWB hollow points at their W-marts?

I've never seen any serious defense ammo at Walmart, ever. Sporting/plinking type ammo only.

WyoGunner

Single-Sixer
slippingaway":80bx3lu9 said:
WyoGunner":80bx3lu9 said:
How about defense ammo? Has anyone seen anything besides the WWB hollow points at their W-marts?

I've never seen any serious defense ammo at Walmart, ever. Sporting/plinking type ammo only.

I saw some Win Bonded PDX1 ammo in .40 once. Other than that, I haven't seen anything for a very long time.

fastexas

Bearcat
Wally seems to have Federal 180 JHP in .40 all the time...that certainly could be considered SD ammo!