Wallyworld SuperX 22 ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Saw these on the shelf at the local Wallyworld today when I went to renew my fishing license. I liked the old fashion looking package and decided to take a try at $23.94 for 222 rnds 40 g hollow point. Haven't shot any yet but thought I'd share.
IMG_1056.jpeg

Even came with a decal 😁

image.jpg

Hankus

Blackhawk
222 rounds for $23.94 is a little steep. With Federal selling at ~$22 for 325 rounds at my local store I think you're paying for the novelty packaging. I recently "found" two 550 round boxes of Federal from the mid-90s I bought at Long's Drugs in Colorado for $4.99/box. They were sitting in the bottom of an old large 20mm ammo can that I thought only contained shotgun shells. There were also 300 rounds of Tula 7.62x39!

A few years back the local BiMart ran a Black Friday special on Aguila .22. Solid and hollow point. It was $20 a brick, quantities limited. This was just pre-Covid I think. I got into the store at opening and headed back to the gun counter. Back then BiMart at that time was limiting sales to 2 boxes/bricks per person. They had 10 bricks in stock. 2 people in front of me, each bought 2 bricks. My turn. I asked the clerk if there was a limit…she checked and said "not on this stuff". Yep, all 6 bricks left came home with me.

Still no where near the "good old days" when you got a box of 50 for 29 cents on sale…

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I ain't paying 11 cents per round for Winchester rimfire EVER.

"Federal 22, blue brick was selling for $8.90 before BHO. $35. Now"

I found it this morning for $26.

Latest posts