Volquartsen Closeouts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Don't know if everyone has seen this, or if anyone even cares, but Volquartsen has a closeout on Ruger Mark IV 5 ½ inch blued uppers for $25.00 each plus shipping. There is a slight blemish in the floor of the rear dovetail from where the rear sight has been removed, but otherwise these are new, never used uppers. Both of these arrived this morning via UPS. These are the serial numbered part, so an 01 FFL, not a C&R type, is required for purchase and receipt:

j0d9bea.jpg

It will be interesting to see just how well, or not, that these uppers will exchange on a Ruger Mark IV Competition Target grip frame. It will be sorta neat to set one up with iron sights and the other with an optics base.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
It would be neat to set them up that way. That is what I did with my model 41, Scope on 7" barrel. Red Dot on the other 7" barrel and an RMR on my 5.5" barrel.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Thanks, got one without sites for a rail, they also had one with sites and included a Ruger branded hard case.

Achigan

Single-Sixer
I had VQ thread mine when I bought it. My Mask got out of jail today, can't wait to see how they perform.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Had some time after closing up last night and tried both of the uppers I received from VC, on my Ruger Mark IV Competition Target grip frame:

IlrRT3Hm.jpg

Both fit right on, perfectly. That's a real "tribute" to how well Ruger manufactures these uppers and lowers to exacting tolerances. Also, probably why the Mark IV versions cost what they do.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
You can get to clearance tab from home page looks sold out for those mentioned in this thread