Vaquero Adjustable Sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pi2

Bearcat
I love Ruger single actions.

That being said I desire to put "small" adjustable sights on SS Vaquero, .45 Colt Birdheads with 3.5" barrels.

I live within walking distance of an old gunsmith (nearly 80... and I am pushing 70) who said he will do the work "if I am in no hurry."

He does not use a computer... never has... never will.

He has done work for me for nearly 40 years and I want him to do these Vaquero sights.

I need sources for front and rear sights that have been successfully used by others.

I will also take recommendations on sights but I am happy with the smith near me.

I have seen some work by Alan Harton and it is beautiful.... but again.... I want my neighbor to do the work.

BTW... the smith said he has used MMC sights (he incorrectly recalled the name being MTM) but looking at their site I see mainly sights for autos.

I was thinking small, unobtrusive sights along the lines of "j" frame sights or anything proven to be winners.

All assistance will be appreciated.

pi2

Bearcat
Does Clements sell these sights for installation by others?

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
I have a SS 4 5/8" Bisley Vaquero chambered in 45LC that Clements put the S&W sights on and it is a good shooter since I opened the chamber throats. I don't know about somebody else doing the work but Clements' work is top notch.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
pi2 said:
Does Clements sell these sights for installation by others?

Last I heard, Dave does not sell his reproduction S&W pre war sight unless he installs it. It's the sleekest and most unobtrusive style sight but although fully adjustable, it's not a Micro Click.

However if you choose the post war S&W J frame Micro Click sight, anyone can obtain those from S&W and other parts distrs.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Luckyducker said:
I have a SS 4 5/8" Bisley Vaquero chambered in 45LC that Clements put the S&W sights on and it is a good shooter since I opened the chamber throats. I don't know about somebody else doing the work but Clements' work is top notch.

Cool! Pre war reproduction sight or post war J frame sight?

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
"Cool! Pre war reproduction sight or post war J frame sight?"

Heck if I know! I bought it with the adjustable sight already on it. BTW, it also has a custom round butt grip frame. I have considered selling it and buying a quality 1911 but I just can't seem to part with it.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Dennis,

Pre war target sight:

medium800.jpg

Post war J frame target sight:

orig.jpg