Value of 4" Security Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

feets

Bearcat
A friend asked me to help sell her father's 4" Security Six. She brought it over last night so I could check it out. It's a low mileage gun. Very low mileage. I know there has only been one round fired (into the floor) in the last 16 years. The 157- number decodes to a 1981 gun. There is no box and the original grips were replaced with Pachmyers.
The gun itself is really clean. I broke it down last night and there was very little residue inside. The mechanical bits were clean with no appreciable wear. There are a couple mild scratches on the side of the hammer but it's not heavy like my high round count guns.

The bluing has been slightly worn at the muzzle and, sadly, the gun was dropped on it's sights. The front sight had a little burr on it as did the body (not the blade) of the rear sight. I dressed them last night but did not touch up the finish.

Any ideas of the value of something like this?
She's hurting for cash and I'd feel bad about a low ball offer.

Terry T

Buckeye
Location, location, location. You didn't say what state you are in but these are no longer allowed to be imported into Ca. so if it's already in Ca., it could go for more.
Otherwise, I'd tend to agree, $350 - $400.
Terry T