VA Problems?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I do not use the VA, tho there is a sub center here. My brother uses the VA in St Cloud MN. with all good reports. I have been asked to join but choose not to take up space. Am also, so far, not in need of assistance. I am thankful and pay attention to my well being............ 8)

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I was at one time hospitalized in S.C. Not at a VA hospital the VA finally paid the bill but only with the help of my congressman.

There are multiple reasons why some Vet's get excellent care, while others receive no care at all from the VA.

There was a window where I could have enrolled in the VA medical system with full benefits. There was no fanfare or announcement of this, so I didn't know of this open window. During that time when I was much younger, I had excellent private health insurance, so I thought I had no need for VA healthcare. When I decided I should be enrolled, they would not accept me, as I was over the income threshold. Then, once a certain whistle was blown, the politicians all jumped on the band wagon to leave no Veteran behind. Really? I am now enrolled in the VA, but with a co-pay of up to 50-dollars a day for medical services. Medicare and my supplement costs me less.

I have two bona fide active duty claims. In both cases the VA cannot find my medical records and have denied my claims.

I had a low draft number, and I was told to get ready for induction. I was also given an option of volunteering before i was actually drafted. I did so, and I was promised VA healthcare forever. The farther the Vietnam era was behind us, the more they forgot their promises to me.

Again, crap on old Veteran's long enough and the old Veteran's give up.

clintsfolly

Single-Sixer
I am not a vet but Thanks to all that are! I have longtime family friend that is a vet and when he need the VA he was getting a run around! One day he was at the VA hospital that my sister worked at and they ran into each other. Over coffee he was telling her his problems. She then called a girlfriend and told her about his problems. The next day my friend got several callS from the VA and Was in and getting treatment with in just a few days! Guess the Colonel,s wife had some pull at the VA...

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
Pretty much gave up on them here in the PRC, I had to get a ekg short notice one time and the nurse chopped the hell out of me- I was not going to say anything but another nurse I had worked with at a base clinic saw it and turned her in.

Never can seem get them to anser the phone- get a typical new era robot talk phone tree to hades when you try to call them. Call goes to a basement in LA somewhere staffed by a robot. lol.

I used to drive to the clinic 30 some miles away to make a appointment, but have not felt like that for a while.

Getting a disability upgrade takes a century almost- friend of mine served in Vietnam and just got upgraded a month ago. Agent Orange.

Yep, they lied about a lot of medical care- V.A and military, retire from the military "you will get "earned 'free' medical and dental care for life", in the Clinton era that went away Govn. could not afford it, lots of retired GI's were shocked when they ran into that fact. Started "tricare" "delta dental" etc. where you pay in to the program. Funny, they always seem to have money for illegal aliens, aide to countries that hate us etc etc et al. Esp bad for our wounded warriors..

snafu.

Oh how well I remember the promises of free this free that when I enlisted. The problem is the government only remembers things that are to their advantage.

Imagine if elected officials had to deal with the VA system for their health care. Hmm, that might not be a bad idea. See old Barack and Pelosi waiting for hours just to be told they don't qualify or that they need to come back again to make an appointment to come back again.

chuck

Blackhawk
I was used as a gunnie pig Navy made me stand up on the ship and face a Hydrogen bomb go off in 1956 in the Biking Islands Anewetaka.(spelling?) I'm 83 years old now and I think they should pay for being so ROTTEN.

arky65

Bearcat
All good with me and VA. I live for enough away I can go to local doctors and VA picks up the tab.
Best communications with VA health care is thru MY Healthy Vet Secure Messaging. Much like Private Messaging here on the forum.

jme

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
arky65 said:
All good with me and VA. I live for enough away I can go to local doctors and VA picks up the tab.
Best communications with VA health care is thru MY Healthy Vet Secure Messaging. Much like Private Messaging here on the forum.

jme

AMEN !! I use "My Healthy Vet" and its "Secure Messaging too" !

eveled

Hawkeye
My thanks to all who served. You all deserve the very best IMHO.

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
Since March 1968, the VA provides me with medical care, prosthetic services, vocational rehabilitation benefits, and disability compensation. The few times that I encountered a problem, I called and/or wrote a letter to the Disabled American Veterans who have power of attorney for my claims folder. As a result, the issue was quickly resolved.

For those of you who have experienced problems, do you have one of the service organizations DAV, VFW, PVA, etc,. -- acting on your behalf? Many states also have agencies to assist veterans with their claims.

If you do not have a service organization as power of attorney, I urge you to bring all your paperwork down to one of the organizations for assistance.

WYO1

Bearcat
All the "deep-state" doesn't reside in DC. There are lots of government employee's that serve two masters.
Personal observation, with-in most alphabet agency's.