"Used" GP-100, $299

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Erich

Single-Sixer
Here's what $299 buys (I tried to do close-ups on the "problem" areas) these days . . . and they have a box more of them.

29jul9GP1000030001yyy.jpg

29jul9GP1000040001yyy.jpg

29jul9GP1000050001yyy.jpg

29jul9GP1000060001yyy.jpg

29jul9GP1000070001yyy.jpg

29jul9GP1000080001yyy.jpg

29jul9GP1000090001yyy.jpg

This is from a local gun shop, The Outdoorsman of Santa Fe. They have a number of these for sale, and better ones with boxes for $349. They were used by a security company. They are up on GB, but I don't want to link to the auctions and figure you can find them if you're interested.

I was thrilled when a friend in OK emailed me yesterday with the info on these, and asked if The Outdoorsman is anywhere near me. It's right across the street from my SF office! I made a point to work up there in SF today, and brought this one home.

Last year I started looking for a GP to convert to .41 Special. I told myself that I'd buy the first one that I found in 80% or better condition at under $375. Things got a little hinky in the gun biz, and I wasn't sure I'd find one meeting those parameters for a while.

Think I did okay, though! :D

bronco45

Single-Sixer
OK Erich, photos mandatory of the conversion when it is finished. Great concept and great host for the 41. Nice Snag on the GP!

Beauetienne

Single-Sixer
Nice revolver and nice pics. I would have picked it up at that price, too. Cleaning up little scratches on stainless is not that tough.

Greg F.

Single-Sixer
That sure is a nice gun for the money. You can remove most if not all of the scratches by rubbing them with a Lead Away cloth. Where do you get the conversions done? I want to convert my GP100 to 10mm.

Erich

Single-Sixer
Thanks, folks! I'm pretty good at buffing out scratches from stainless, but this might wind up bead-blasted. (Wendy, always delightful to run across you.) Clements, of course, does great 10mm conversions. I was going to pester my friend Sam Damewood of Alamogordo about the .41 Special conversion - would like to be shooting it this calendar year. :wink:

Stoots

Buckeye
Excellent find!

I wouldn't even bother with those scratches for that price. But yeah, if you're doing a project with it, they'll buff right out!

:wink:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Anybody with a trained monkey can re-finish a stainless gun. Buff or blast, or send it back to Ruger for the factory brush. Add a little carnuba wax or treat with G96 and you've got a fresh finish to your liking!

asp762

Bearcat
WendyZXZ":29eq7iui said:
That is a beautiful revolver, Erich. I didn't know you were also a member of this forum. Good to see you here. :D

HEHE, Guess who else is here!!?? Yep I got one of those to on the way to me here in OK. You can't beat the price for these.

Erich

Single-Sixer
I owe you for the heads-up, Leighton! :D Folks, asp762 was the friend who clued me in on this deal . . . even though he's in OK and I'm right across the street from the gun store with the GP-100s. Good to have friends! 8)

epj

Bearcat
Nice snag. I got one in similar condition recently for $280 OTD from a pawn shop, but the grips showed a bit more wear. Brownells solved that issue for $23.

Erich

Single-Sixer
Those are the guys - but those are the fancy-schmancy ones in primo condition. :wink: Mine was one of the "beater" ones that they have advertised for $299 . . .

Sugar River

Buckeye
Erich,
Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered one, $320 shipped is about what I paid for the same gun over 20 yrs ago!

Pete

A

Anonymous

Where are these deals when I have cash?! That gun looks better than the one I paid $529 for last July...and I got the fugly Hogue grips! :roll: