Unusual Blackhawk Convertible

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sandspur6

Bearcat
Hi guys. I am helping the widow of a deceased friend dispose of several firearms. One of them is a Blackhawk Convertible in 10mm/38-40. I have never seen one in this caliber. Can anyone tell me how rare it is and about what it is worth. It is in the original box with the papers and is in excellent condition. Knowing my friend as I did, I am sure that it has been fired, but not very much. Thanks.

dakota1911

Buckeye
They are sort of rare. For years folks have been hoping for a 10mm/40S&W convertible from Ruger through Lipsey or somebody like that but it has not happened yet.

MagnumM

Bearcat
Check to see if there is also a Blackhawk convertible chambered for the .32 H&R with the spare cylinder chambered for the .32-20. Ruger produced both for Buckeye Sports in the late 1980's. The .32 .32-20 convertible was produced first. Customers who purchased this Blackhawk had the option to purchase the .38-40/10mm the fo)owing year with the same serial number. If by chance you stumbled onto both Blackhawks with matching SN's you have a rare set and $ 1000.00 per revolver New or ANIB would not be unreasonable to ask . Sell them as a set.
MM

Latest posts