Two new LCR .22 Magnums

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rprouty

Bearcat
Bought a couple of new Ruger LCR .22 Mags today my wife wanted one and I figured what the heck I'll get one for me too.
Paid $410.00 each plus tax. Don't know if this is a good price or not but the biggie now is to try and find some ammo.

Rod

pjkid

Bearcat
That is a GREAT price from what I have seen.
We are also a double LCR 22mag family. In our case I bought the first one and my wife liked it so well she bought her own.
My LGS has actually been able to "usually" have 22mag ammo. The big firms almost never.
I have found it is much easier to buy than 9mm.

Bob R

Single-Sixer
Same experiance here. I have a CZ 452 Varmint in 22 Magnum, so I do pay attention. The smaller gun shops are the place to look for ammo. I was in a shop yesterday that had Winchester for around $13 a box.

My brother and I both have the LCR 22's. I have been really impressed with them for a Practice/Training J frame size revolver.

The LCR 22M should be a very good concealed carry gun for someone who cannot tolerate the recoil of an airweight 38.

Something to check out. Tuff Products Model 1017 Quick Strips. This is a 10 shot ammunition carrier for 17 HMR and 22 Magnum ammunition. Load it with only 7 rounds in Pairs, skipping a shell between the pairs for cylinder clearance. The Quick Strip will look like this loaded: OOXOOXOOXO The Quick Strip loaded in this manner should allow you to reload raking off 2 rounds at a time.

I do not have the 22 Magnum LCR to test this on, however I reload my LCR 22 using the Model 1022 Quick Strips loaded this way, and I can reload my LCR 22 quicker than I can Quick Strip reload my 5 shot 38 Smith & Wesson.

I would order direct from Tuff Products, and get them in Orange so they are easy to find on the ground after a reload. They are around $9 a pair.
http://www.tuffproducts.com/

Enjoy

Bob

mag318

Bearcat
The 22 Magnum chambered LCR is my favorite out of 3 LCRs I own. With loads like the new PDX1 and Gold Dots it has become a viable self defense revolver for someone who is recoil shy or physically infirmed. These new short barreled loads have more horsepower than 22 LRs and much better bullets. Ruger is going to sell a lot of these.

gig

Single-Sixer
I wish Ruger made the LCR with a shrouded hammer option like the Smith 638 rather than just the fully enclosed hammer.
I can be very accurate with my 638 with the nice SA trigger. Since rimfire require a heavier hammer strike than do center fire, one would only be fighting the trigger spring if one could manually cock the hammer.

eveled

Hawkeye
Bass Pro had tons of .22 mag, but no LR. They also had alot of .270 and .30/06. Ed

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
FWIW....my experience with the quick strips/speed strips has not been positive. The "handle" portion of the quick stip will break off the first day of carry. The the strip itself will break into multiple pieces after a time. Nor do I find them to offer a fast reload. If you want a fast reload a quality speed loader beats quick strips hands down.

YMMV

BTW....hows the trigger on your two guns? The trigger on my 22 LR sucks bad.

Latest posts