trigger shoe

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I would doubt it as they are intended for "target" shooting, and as such are wider, and do stick out from BOTH sides of the trigger guard, and as the police found out many years ago, the gun will go bang when stuck into any duty or carry holster, the trigger will drag and push back, hang up, fire the weapon...been there , saw it happen..:cool::rolleyes:;)

well as I said above for target shooting, and in the case of a double action revolver, would be in the "single action" mode, hammer already cocked back, lighter trigger pull. Measure the width of your trigger and try to match up a trigger shoe nearest that width,..been many ,many years since we dealt with trigger shoes , back to the late 60's and 70s when working at Camp Perry ,OHio....and for defense , carry , duty use, etc, we often just "rounded" the trigger, , especially like S&W we would remove the serrations, so the trigger finger actually slide over and around the trigger, smoother, no hitch in your gitty up..............:cool:;)

JosWerring

Bearcat
So that is a reply! You are right with the rounded trigger. and also the fact that the SP01 .22 is not a target revolver.
The only thing that left is or to sell the revolver or make a bigger grip.. Thanks for the information.

There are bigger grips available for the SP101. Hogue makes them, perhaps Trausch does as well.

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/ruger-grips/sp101/rubber

Badger grips offers larger grips for the SP101, as well.

I don't believe trigger shoes are manufactured in the US anymore, because of the danger of accidents from their use.

Last edited: