trench art

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JumpmasterC

Single-Sixer
Growing up my Pops had a knife out in the garage, the handle was a .50 BMG case, there was an inert 30-06 full cartridge laying across the top & a blade made out of the thin steel of an ammo box. I remember it wouldn't hold an edge very well & was not as sturdy as his K-bar so, I never got it & held on to it.

Sure wish I had it now...prolly got thrown out when the house got sold after I had been in the Army for a while...too bad.... :cry:

Coogs

Maximum
Very nice! What is the date on the shell base? I have a few dozen pieces of "trench art" from civil war through Vietnam. I wish they all could tell me a story. Coogs.

My grandfather started this one, then that pesky WWII got in the way. He passed in 1943 before he could finish it. I played with it as a child and managed to dent it up some. In 1978, I rediscovered it and completed the project.

Obviously, I never met my grandfather. But as it sits on the top of my computer hutch, I see it many times a day and feel a connection that none of my siblings or cousins can feel (none of us met him).

toysoldier

Hunter
Coogs said:
Very nice! What is the date on the shell base? I have a few dozen pieces of "trench art" from civil war through Vietnam. I wish they all could tell me a story. Coogs.

The .50 caliber cases are stamped 43 TW. No other markings.

Latest posts