To change my revolver Ruger GP100 into a gun Taurus PT-1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oscar1975

Bearcat
Hello; I have a revolver Ruger GP-100 of 4 " and long ago I want to have a gun type 1911. In my country the law limits to us the number of weapon that we can possess and I already possess the maximum number of weapon, therefore I have to get rid of one of my weapon to be able to have other one. Also I have the problem of my budget that is very just and does not allow me to do an extra expense.

So a few days ago a friend expert in my desire to have a gun type 1911, offered to change to me a Taurus PT-1911 of the caliber 45 A.C.P into my revolver Ruger GP-100. The offer is tantalizing, but it makes me sad to get rid of my revolver. You: what advice do you give me?, in my case: what would you do?.

Thank you,

RonS

Single-Sixer
If I could only have one 1911, it would be almost any 1911 other than a Taurus. You might look at the new Remington R1 or keep saving your money.

oscar1975

Bearcat
I am going to continue his advices, since I do not realize well the change. It me makes sad getting rid of my Ruger GP 100.

Oscar.

oscar1975

Bearcat
Thanks for the advice. I want to take the (secret) hidden weapon. I am going to remain my Ruger and wish a case to go conceal my revolver.

Oscar.

---------------------------
Traducción por PROMT™
http://www.promt.es

5of7

Hunter
I agree on the advice about avoiding the Taurus, but if you have to trade one gun in to get another, do you have any other guns that you could get rid of in a trade?

oscar1975

Bearcat
5of7 said:
I agree on the advice about avoiding the Taurus, but if you have to trade one gun in to get another, do you have any other guns that you could get rid of in a trade?

Hello, I have two more weapon, a gun Glock 27 of 40 S&W and a revolver Astra of the caliber 44 Magnum, but I do not want to undo of this weapon. The gun is the one that usually went of countryman and the Astra of 44 Magnum found it hard to me to find it very much in Spain, it is 6 inches and I have it it already does a time.

Oscar.

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Oscar, Personally, I would get rid of the Glock for a good quality 1911. I'm not big on "plastic" guns!......................Dick :wink:

oscar1975

Bearcat
Pinecone said:
Oscar, Personally, I would get rid of the Glock for a good quality 1911. I'm not big on "plastic" guns!......................Dick :wink:

Hello, it is not a bad suggestion, but if I tell you the truth, my wife does not allow me to change or sell my Glock. I know that I am a henpecked husband, but I bought the Glock like gift on having promoted Sergeant and it means very much for me good for my wife and for me, she likes very much.

Thank you,

Oscar.

Merlinspop

Bearcat
My PT1911 has bee flawless and I have made several Kimber owners mad with it. It is a wonderful, well built example of the 1911 design. Most who speak poorly of it either spent much more for a gun that doesn't shoot any better, or have never seen one in person. It's a great value.

BUT

If I had to choose which to keep between my SS PT1911 and my blue 4" GP100... I'd have fond memories of the PT while I'm shooting the GP.

oscar1975

Bearcat
Merlinspop said:
My PT1911 has bee flawless and I have made several Kimber owners mad with it. It is a wonderful, well built example of the 1911 design. Most who speak poorly of it either spent much more for a gun that doesn't shoot any better, or have never seen one in person. It's a great value.

BUT

If I had to choose which to keep between my SS PT1911 and my blue 4" GP100... I'd have fond memories of the PT while I'm shooting the GP.

Thank you, I am going to preserve my Ruger GP 100, perhaps some day I bought other it arms type 1911 (when it has a firearms license that allows me to have one more weapon).

Oscar.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
Merlinspop said:

quote]

Ditto. A perfect example of 'Anti-hype' as I call it. My son bought a stainless steel one and it shoots as well as my Series 70 Gold Cup or my Springfield TRP and it came with EVERY bell and whistle as all the 'brand name' models for 2X ( or more) the price. If you read the 1911 chat group EVERYONE complains about some gun model and EVERYONE thinks whatever they have is the best!

http://forums.1911forum.com/

BTW, I don't own a GP100 so can't speak to the VALUE of the trade but comparing a .45 ACP 1911 with a .357 revolver isn't quite apples to apples. Can you get both ammos easily and are prices for both in your area about equal?

Now, as for the Glock!!....talk about "Hype".... yeeesh!

Hammerdown77

Blackhawk
I've held and shot a Taurus 1911, it was pretty nice and had a great trigger, and the other ones I've handled seemed ok, but God help you if you have a problem with it. Taurus and Kimber seem to be fighting for the position of worst customer service in the firearms market.

If you get one and it's good, congratulations, you won the lottery. With my luck though, I'd get the bad one, and be SOL. I thought long and hard about getting one, and I often think I'll just roll the dice, but then I snap out of it.

1911 pistolsmiths don't like to work on them, either.

I'd take a Glock 9mm over one any day, and I'm a lover of everything 1911. Glock 9mm is one of the iconic firearms of our time, even if you don't like "plastic".