THESE THINGS ARE TALL-GIRAFFE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
From Tanzania, Africa in 2007. Dr.C

IMG_1883-2.jpg

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I like the coloration, and the way you've framed them. Also, how the edges of the frame are blurred--I assume by brush in the foreground. That's a really neat shot!

doccash

Buckeye
Yes, there was brush in the foreground. the trees in the background look like an oil painting to me. It was very windy that day and I guess that combined with the effect of the large aperature caused the background to look that way, heads are pretty sharp. Dr.C :wink:

Boxhead

Blackhawk
doccash said:
Boxhead:I agree, Thanks for posting. My huntng partners are there now in Mozambique right now. Dr.C

I am thinking Mozambique when I retire in 4 or 5 years. Have you been there? My photos were from Zimbabwe and Botswana.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
Boxhead said:
Giraffe are not always tall.

Africa204.jpg

Fascinating animals. Did you know they have special valves in the blood vessels of the neck, to regulate blood pressure? If not for this, there would be way too much blood going to the brain when they bend down to drink.

Another fun fact: They have the same number of cervical vertebrae as humans, and every other mammal. Theirs are just longer.

doccash

Buckeye
Boxhead : I hunted in the Kigosi area of Tanzania in 2007. I havn't been back, but maybe in a few more years, if and when I get over the effects of 2008's stroke. Dr.C

bigboredad

Blackhawk
those are all great pics and about as close as I'll probably ever get to Africa. I can't even imagine what it would be like to see these little critters in the wild